Chapter 13: Someone's Not Angry

(Ana's POV)

I am frozen at the entrance, my throat parched as I look in front of me. My eyes get watery as Gail gives a big smile when she sees me. She comes forward and gives me a tight hug.

"I missed you", she whispers in my ear.

"Oh Gail!", I break into a sob as I engulf her in my bear hug.

She should be angry at me, not talk to me, but she is here, supporting me.. forgiven me. I never really thought how she must've felt after I left, she has been so close to me always, my best resort when I had arguments with Christian.

"I'm sorry Gail", I cannot stop blabbering.

"Hush. It's okay honey. How have you been?", she says as she pulls away.

"Just.. me I guess", I shrug, wiping my tears away.

"Sawyer told me about your daughter?", she says with a hint of smile.

"Yes!", I smile as I invite them inside. "Mila?", I holler.

"Yes?", she comes out of the bathroom while still brushing her teeth.

"Go rinse first!" and she runs inside when she sees Gail and Luke.

She comes out again with a puzzled look. "This is mommy's best friend Mrs. Jones", introduce her to Gail.

"Actually, its Mrs. Taylor", says Gail shyly and I look at her.

"Oh my, Gail, congratulations!", I gush. "When did you and Taylor get married?"

"Last year", she beams.

"I'm so happy for you!" and she smiles widely. "Oh, and this is Mila", I introduce Mila to her.

"I know. Sawyer told Taylor and me about everything." and we look at Sawyer who ducks his head awkwardly. "Okay enough with the introductions. I'll talk to you about everything Ana but first, you need to get ready." Gail says hurriedly as she puts the bag in her hand on the dressing table.

"Ready for what..?", and I notice Luke also puts another bag on the bed and removes a dress from it.

"What is going on?", I ask, confused, as Mila sits in a corner and watches everything silently.

"You are going clubbing with Sawyer while i'll be taking care of Mila tonight", Gail states and I stare at her. Clubbing? Me? What is happening?

"What?!"

"Mr. Grey is going clubbing tonight with his brother. Gail, here thought it'll be great if you go too since he broke up with his girlfriend yesterday.", Luke says something for the first time tonight and I remember about Mila & Christian's encounter.

"Luke why the hell didn't you tell me Dr. Claire was Christian's girlfriend?"

"Huh?"

"Mila met Christian yesterday!" and everyone goes silent. Gail is the first one to break it.

"What are you saying?"

"Yes! The doc went to meet Christian who apparently happened to be in the same hospital as us and left her with him!"

"I told you that woman is a bad influence for Mr. Grey", Gail shot her accusation at Luke too.

"Hey! Stop it! She wasn't MY girlfriend, jeez people!", he feigns annoyance. "Also, Ana,I'm so sorry, I had no time to stop it. That Dr. Gerald just called Sabrina and if she saw me with you she would've immediately told Mr. Grey and that would cause me a string of questions which I didn't want.." he trails off.