02

𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐑
you broke her. you taught her time and time again that nothing she ever did was good enough

"OKAY, so why are we out here in the woods, again?" Clarke questioned, her combat boots producing a horrible squelching sound that made her grimace as she followed after Rick

"We heard a church bell and we want to know if it was a call for help or something," Rick replied, glancing back at her as Sophia walked by Clarke's side.

Annoyance kept creeping in because Sophia hadn't left her side since she agreed to stay. Clarke understood; she saved the little girls life, she feels safe around her. She is cute and good company, but she talks way too much.

"It could be a group luring you in just to kill you or it could be on a timer. A lot of churches nowadays have timers," Clarke replied nonchalantly as zhs shrugged, pursing her lips as Rick gazed back at her in irritation.

"And how do you know that?" He questioned, daring to challenge her.

"I live in the world where technology exists," Clarke sassed, raising her eyebrows when Rick narrowed his eyes at her before stalking off. Clarke crossed her arms. "Okay, whatever, don't listen to the woman who can save you from all of this trouble."

"I really like you. You're really smart," Sophia commented, making Carl turn to her with excited eyes and nod his head in agreement.

Ding ding.

Clarke cursed to herself silently as she jumped slightly. Irritated for being so careless, she looked in the direction of the noise with furrowed eyebrows.

"This way!" Rick shouted and the group followed him towards the noise.

Clarke was taken back in surprise when both Sophia and Carl grabbed her hands as she began to run along with everyone. She gave their hands a tight squeeze in return before picking up her pace. They came up right on Rick's heels, making her pants become more dirty than they already were as he kicked dirt up as he ran.

When they reached the cause of the noise, Daryl, Rick and Clarke ran towards the double doors, rushing inside once they were opened. Inside they found found three walkers that were taken out by Clarke's dagger, Daryl's crossbow, and Rick's gun.

Clarke pursed her lips as shd pulled her dagger out of the walkers head before glancing at the cross on top of the stage in disgust. Who in the hell would believe in God at this time? People come back to life to eat the warm flesh and blood of humans and animals. If angels like Castiel are real, does that mean that God exists?