12

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐍
you were dead, yet here you are

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐍 you were dead, yet here you are

TWO MONTHS LATER

CLARKE was splayed across the floor of an abandoned cabin, her head on her arms, and she had her eyes closed.

It's been about two months since the fall of the farm, and everyone was tired. The aproximate time of staying in ome place was maybe two or threw days if they're lucky. It seema as if everywhere they go, the walkers follow them, and they have to get up, and go to the next place.

They have been going on an endless loop of moving place to place, and honestly, that shouldn't have bothered Clarke too much seeing as she spent most of her life on the road, never staying in one place more than a weel. And, maybe, that was her reason of hating it. She just wants to relax and not have to worry about her people starving or walkers knocking on the door. She just wants some peace and quiet.

And at that time, a loud noise was heard outside.

Everyone jumped up and looked towards the front door -- the noise came from that direction.

Clarke glanced behind her at the kids, and nodded towards Beth who nodded back, grabbing both Carl and Sophia, dragging them to the furthest corner. Along with them was a pregnang Lori who didn't look that well.

They barely have any food, and any food they had, they gave to Lori because she was eating for two, and the kids. Everyone else ate scraps and fought to protect the innocent ones.

So, here they are -- weak, tired, and cold seeing as it was getting colder everyday.

And now they have some kind of enemy outside.

Nodding towards Clarke, Rick walked towards the door slowly, his gun in hand. Daryl was right behind him, crossbow raised, and behind him was Glenn.

Clarke made sure the safety was off her gun, and aimed it at the door seperating her group from whoever or whatever was outside.

As soon as Rick flung the door open, Clarke jumped forwards, her gun raised, but no one was there.

She glanced side to side, her eyes narrowed. There was no way the noise was just wind. It sounded handmade, like a person threw a pretty good sized rock at the building.

Looking behind her at the boys, she tilted her head and motioned them to follow her. So, her and the three guys walked further onto the porch, closing the door behind them so the others were safe.

Clicking her tongue, Clarke motioned for Rick and Glenn to walk towards the right while she and Daryl made their way to the left.

They searched around the building and then ventured out further where there was a small shed.

And out of nowhere, the shed door slammed open right onto Clarke's face, knocking her backwards.

Stumbling backwards, Clarke raised her free hand to her face and wiped away a liquid like substance that fell from her nose. Hissing, she realized that her nose was busted. "Fuck!"

Turning around, she saw Daryl fighting a blonde aired woman that seemed able to hold her own. He was grunting, getting punched in the gut multiple times before before clocked in the face with the butt of the woman's gun.

"Get away from him!' Clarke exclaimed, rushing fowards, about to yank the woman off of Daryl before she was rammed into.

Groaning, Clarke quickly yanked the other blonde off of her, jumped up to her feet, and then kicked the blonde harshly in the side, sending her rolling across the ground.

Not noticing the older blonde come up to her, Clarke didn't have enough reaction time before she was hit in the head with the butt of a gun.

Yelling out, Clarke fell to the ground, clutching her head just as Rick and Glenn ran over to where they were.

Rick helped Clarke up and started shooting at the women, but he was only able to graze the younger one by the arm. She screamed and fell to the ground, clutching her arm. Her hair was hiding her face but Clarke couldn't help but feel like she knew her from somewhere.

But, upon thinking that the blondes were demons, Clarke attacked without question.

She grabbed the older blonde and punched her multiple times in a fit of rage before kicking her harshly in the stomach which sent them both tumbling back.

Clarke then grasped the back of the younger blonde's neck, flung her to the ground, and pointed her gun at her to only freeze in shock. The person who laid at the end of her barrel made her drop her gun in disbelief. "Jess..."

"Clarke?" Jess gasped out, staring at the blonde in surprise.

Whipping around to face the woman who Rick and Daryl had their weapons pointed at, she stumbled backwards in even more shock, tears shining in her eyes. "Mom?"