32

𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃
i'll keep fighting. i'll keep swinging until i got nothing left

ITS going on day five now, and Clarke was not getting any better

ITS going on day five now, and Clarke was not getting any better. The more time she was alone, the more time she thought, and the more time she blamed herself for everything that had happened.

To put it simple, Clarke Winchester hated herself — she thought of herself as the biggest monster that she had yet to put down.

She blamed herself for every death before the apocalypse, Carl getting shot, the farm blowing up, getting kidnapped by the Governor, not being there on that supply run to prevent Zach's death, and she blamed herself for getting sick when she knew the Governor was still out there.

Deep down, she knew blaming herself for every little thing was ridiculous, but she couldn't help it — its how she's wired. Just like how she's wired to take care of everyone else first and herself last. Just like how she is wired to fight, to stand her ground, to protect her family. She can't change herself no matter how much she tries, how much others try.

That's just how Clarke Marilyn Winchester ticked, and no one will be able to fix the broken girl. She is not redeemable, and she is and will never be the priority — at least that is what she thinks.

And that is why she dropped down to the ground, her knees digging into the soft ground seeing as it has just rained a few hours ago.

"I'm done!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, not caring if anyone or anything heard her. "Do you hear me?! I have lost everything. My family. My home. I've got nothing left!" She bent over, crying.

"Oh, quit your whining!"

Looking up, the sun blinded her and time seemed to slow down seeing as a bird flew by her in slow-motion.

Suddenly, the sun was blocked by a person, and Clarke narrowed her eyes, adjusting them to the light difference before she gasped and stumbled back. "Gabriel?"

"Ta-da!" The angel did jazz hands before he frowned down at the broken-looking Winchester. "Who are you right now? A teenager? Sit up." He did a hand motion and she furrowed her eyebrows before she did as told. "Jesus, woman, you're a Winchester. Where's the arrogance and do-gooder attitude you seem to always have. Does your hero hair need to be flipped or something? Or is there a button on your back that needs to be pressed to start the action?" He went behind her and poked her back.

"Stop that!" Clarke hissed, swiveling around, and slapping at his hand. "What the fuck?"

"That's what I'm asking!" He exclaimed, clicking his tongue. "You must've lost a lot to become this broken little shell that you are."