07

SHIT GONE WRONG
alive or just breathing

SHIT GONE WRONGalive or just breathing

SILENCE echoed until Glenn gasped. "Holy shit." He stared at Tony's body blankly as Clarke walked over to him and Rick, Hershel following her footsteps.

"You alright?"

"Yeah," Glenn breathed out and nodded, gaze never straying from the dead body.

"Hershel?" They turned to Hershel who remained quiet as he thought.

Rick looked over at Hershel as he spoke, "Let's head back."

Bending down, Clarke retrieved Tony's shotgun and its shells, handing them to Rick who nodded at her in appreciation. As they turned around and began to walk towards the doors of the bar, the sound of a car approaching made them panic.

"Car! Get down!"

Clarke ducked under a pair of windows with Rick as Glenn and Hershel ducked down behind the counter.

"Dave? Tony?" A man spoke, making alarms blare loudly in Clarke's head. Some shit was about to go down. "They said over here?"

"Yeah," another man answered.

"I'm telling you man, I heard shots," a third man joined the other two.

"I saw roamers - two streets over. Might be more around here," the first man informed the others.

"It's hot, we gotta get out of here."

"Dave! Tony!" The third man yelled, making Clarke sneak a glance at Rick who met her gaze with a worried look. They could go against Dave and Tony because they were stupid, but they don't know how many men were out there right now, and they mentioned walkers in the area.

"Shut up, you idiot! You wanna attract 'em? Just stick close, we're gonna find 'em." Retreating footsteps slightly relaxed Clarke, but her eyes remained wide open in fear.

Seconds later, Rick slowly stood up and glanced out the window before they quickly crawled over to Hershel and Glenn behind the counter.

"Why won't they leave?" Glenn asked in a whisper.

"Would you?" Clarke fired at him, her voice quiet. "We can't sit here any longer. Let's head out the back and make a run to the car."

As they began to move, a gunshot made them pause

"What happened?" A guy questioned. He was close to the building we were hiding in.

"Roamers, I nailed 'em."

"They disappeared, but their cars are still there. I cleared those buildings, you guys get this one?"

"No."

"We're looking for Dave and Tony and no one checks the damn bar?"

Fast footsteps in their direction made Rick and Clarke react quickly. They stood and loaded their guns, pointing them at the door.