10

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐄
stupid heart. loving people and shit

"DALE could get under your skin

"DALE could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale.

He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us-- The truth... Who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken.

The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, st feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives... Our safety... ...our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on... We're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."

CLARKE stood in the shower and watched the water mixed in with mud and blood; Dale's blood and the walkers' blood.

Why'd he have to go?

He was the last remaining hope she had, he was the last remaining piece of Bobby she had.

She laid her hands on the tiled wall of the shower and leaned onto them, her heart sinking into the pit of her stomach as she pictured the mangled Dale on the grassy field. A sob escaped her. Thank God for the loud running water that sound proofed her cries of desperation.

There's just... so much pain and she doesn't know how to not notice it. Everything was so fragile now.

She tried. She really tried. But she can't just pretend, especially now, that everything's alright. She would give anything to just go back and to know what is to come to save Dale.... to save everyone she has ever loved and lost. Nobody knows how much she would give to just... to take everything back.

She had never felt so alone, so lost... So incapable of doing even the smallest tasks. And this was only the beginning, the beginning of the pain, the suffering and the endless congo line of emotions that were in store for her.

Another sob escaped her and she slid to the floor of the tub, cradling her knees to her chest. The water hit her body like bricks. The longer she sat there, the heavier the water droplets felt.

He died right in front of her...

She let out a powerful yell of anger and pain.

God... before she jumped into this shower, she told herself to not cry because she knew that if she started, she would never stop. It would be like a never ending waterfall of tears. Tears of pain, of angry, of guilt. Maybe if she had gotten to him faster... maybe she could've saved him... maybe.

"Clarke?" She jumped as a voice rang in the bathroom. The shower curtain that was hiding her away from everyone was pushed aside, revealing Beth. "Oh... Clarke." Beth sighed before turning the shower off, grabbed a towel, wrapped it around her, and helped her up out of the tub.

"No," Clarks grumbled and let myself fall to the floor, the towel still securely wrapped around her. "Leave me alone."

"Oh, Clarke," She mumbled before neeling down beside the broken Winchester, pulling her into her for a comforting hug. Clarks didn't fight. She was just so... numb and was done fighting. Why am I the one who everyone dies on?

"Hey, Clarke, I have something to say, and I want you to listen to it." Clarke continued to stare blankly at the wall across from her. "Listen." Beth forcefully made Clarke look at her in the face. "I know you're afraid, afraid of losing someone else again. Being afraid is alright. Because didn't anyone tell you? Fear is a superpower. Fear can make faster and cleverer, and stronger." She paused as she smoothed down Clarke's blonde hair.

Unshed tears came to the youngest Winchester's eyes as she stared at the young version of her.

"Thank you, Beth." Clarke sat up straight, feeling a little better thanks to her comforting speech. But, deep down, she knew it was her fault everyone she has ever cared for has died or been hurt. She was the reason her mother died, the reason her father sold his soul, she was the reason why Carl got shot, and she was the reason why Dale is dead. It is and will always be her fault and she's going to have to live with her.

She bares it so they don't have to.

CLARKE sat in the barn, her feet hanging out the upstairs door.

Her blue eyes were squinted as she looked out at the land, her gaze landing on the spot where Dale was. Her heart constricted and she had to physically hold herself from breaking down... again.

She hated feeling like this... weak. But she just lost someone who reminded her of the many other people she has lost in her life.

Mom, dad, Bobbie, Ellen, Jo, Ash, Kevin, Benny, Charlie, my ex Finn, her only friend Octavia, Sam and Dean multiple times, Castiel a couple times, moms' parents, grandfather Henry from dad's side, Pamela, half brother Adam, Gabriel, Samandiriel, Rufus, even Meg the demon, and now Dale. The list keeps dragging on and on.

"Rick!"

She jumped, startled by the sudden voice, and looked around before her eyes landed on Shane who came storming out of the woods towards Rick and the others.

She jumped up from her spot off the second story, landing on her feet before rolling. Her side ached and throbbed but she ignored the pain as she looked up, her hair flipped back onto her shoulders, before she ran towards the others.

"What happened?" She questioned, out of breath, her chest heaving up and down from the run she had just had.

"Randall escaped," Rick told her before looking to Shane who had a wild look on his face. A red alert went off in Clarke's head as she took in his form.

"Little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face."

Clarke's eyebrows furrowed together. A little guy like Randall - who was smaller than her - took down Shane who was a trained cop? She scoffed and shook her head, realizing what had happened; Shane let him out.

"All right, Hershel, Clarke, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, come with us."

Clarke gave Rick an incredulous look, "Wha-- Rick! I can help. I don't --"

"Yes, I know you can take care of yourself." Rick laid his hand on her shoulder. "But right now, I want you to protect the others. If Randall comes back, he might have his men with him, I want you to be at the house, taking a stand."

She sighed but nodded. "Fine."

"WHAT'S taking so long?" Clarke questioned as she looked out the window, moving the curtain to the side.

The sun has set; It's been a couple hours.

"What if something has happened?" Clarke looked over at Sophia who has asked the question as she stood by her.

"Nah, no." Clarke shook her head, biting down on her thumb nail. "Rick knows how to take care of himself." She reassured myself more than she did her. "He knows how to--"

"--take care of himself." Sophia finished for her, looking up at her in worry before taking her hand. "What's wrong? Is this about Dale?"

"No." Clarke shook her head. "No, It's not," She told the truth, her eyes glancing all over the place, her nerves were skyrocketing. "I just..." She sighed, "I just have a really bad feeling that something bad is about to go down..."

"Like what?"

"I don't know.... just something bad."

A shot then went off.