45

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘
winchester's never have the best luck in the love department, but they were willing to give it a try

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘winchester's never have the best luck in the love department, but they were willing to give it a try

THEY were all welcomed with open arms, not any hesitation hanging in the air. Sure nobody really talked to them, but that was understandable. Their group was still untrusted, and frankly so were they. There wasn't any trust yet, and they all knew it was gonna be awhile before any of them started to trust each other.

It was nearing the late evening, the sun turning a vibrant orange in the sky, and Clarke was already late. She hadn't known what to wear to the party that Deanna was throwing for them, so her being her, she just chose black skinny jeans with holes in them, a black v-neck that showed off her cleavage, and combat boot — something she wore everyday. She wasn't going to dress up for a stupid party and act like someone she wasn't — that wasn't her thing.

As soon as they opened the door to Deanna's house, she was greeted by distant stares and forced smiles as everyone around her held a drink in hand.

The place smelled like roasted chicken, and made it made her stomach turn out of hunger.

"um... hi?" Clarke said as she stared at the people around her who then went back to whatever they were doing before she arrived.

Deanna approached the blonde with a huge smile. "I'm so glad you made it! We kind of thought you wouldn't show," she said with a warm smile.

Clarke has never felt so uncomfortable in her life as she stared at the older woman in front of her, and around at all the well-dressed people in the house. "I was debating on it, but since it was my idea to bring the group here, who would I be if I said no?"

Deanna nodded and then left to talk to Rick, leaving Clarke all alone, surrounded by people she didn't know.

Sighing, Clarke turned and went to leave, not really wanting to be forced to mingle and talk to people who she will probably only ever see in passing. So, she walked out the door just as Daryl was walking down the dimly lit road. His head snapped towards her and he allowed one side of his lips to twitch up in a greeting. before he continued his walk.

"Daryl!" Clarke ran after him, joining his side, their arms and hand grazing each other as they began to walk together down the road. She turned her head slightly to stare at him, only to see that he was already looking at her. "Where have you been?"  "

"Trying to catch a horse," he told her, shrugging lightly. 

"How'd that go?"  She chuckled.

"Not good." He shook his head and then pointed down at the house that held all the light and all the noise of the community. "How'd that go?" 

Looking back over her shoulder, she said, lNot good." She sighed and crossed her arms. "I'm not much of s crowd person."

"Me neither," he stated, and they found themselves stopping under a street lamp, the light beaming down on them.

Daryl had to admit that the girl in front of him — Clarke Winchester — looked like a damn angel. She knew she wasn't, but she was pretty damn close in his eyes. And he feels something for her that he has never felt in his entire life for anyone else.

They stood there, staring at each other for what seemed like hours, but was really only minutes before they both stepped forward at the same time.

Daryl grabbed her face with his hands as her hands went to his hair, and their lips connected.

His lips were soft but rough against her soft lips. She was the one to deepen the kiss, pushing herself against him. The taste of his tongue against mine is tantalizing and she was eager for him to touch her, as if she's been craving for his touch for the whole time they have known each other.

He drew back suddenly, leaving her wanting more, and they stared heatedly at each other, anticipating what the other will do. He licked his lower lips and her eyes move down to watch his tongue.

And they found themselves kissing one another, again.