36

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐒
family don't end in blood and it don't start there either

𝐈𝐓𝐒 been about four days since the fall of the prison, and somehow, Sam, Dean, Jess, and Jo ironically ended up together

They were now huddled up in a little thrift store, covered in dirt, grim, walker blood, and their own blood. Dean was patching up Jo who had happened to get bit by a rapid dog that came out of nowhere and attacked them.

"This is the second time we've seen you get bested by a dog," Dean joked, no humor in his voice though. There was pain in his eyes as he recalled the hellhound tearing away at her to the point where she died in the arms of her mother who then blew up a store with them, and the hell hounds in it.

Even though they had known each other for s short amount of time — Dean had fallen in the love with the strong blonde hunger who didn't put up with his bullshit. She was beautiful, strong, and badass — everything Dean Winchester loved in a woman.

But, then she died, and he got caught up in his feelings for Castiel who he grew to love. It was a surprise — for both him and Sam. Dean had grown up, loving everything there is about the female gender. So, when he found himself attracted to an angel — a male nonetheless — it shocked him, and he tried to bury his feelings. It didn't work out, though.

And now, with Jo back, even though it's been awhile since her death, he felt all his feelings for her rush back, and make him a jumbled mess.

He loves Cas — he knows that, but he also has deep feelings for Jo that will not go away no matter how much he tries to push them away.

"Ha," Jo fake-laughed at Dean's little blow, pushing her greasy hair out of her face, but it just fell right back to where it was. "You know, I didn't want to die. I didn't want to have to be torn to shreds and then blown up by my own mother, but I did that for you. I did that for Clarke and Sam. I was there because I wanted to help. You're welcome," she snapped, huffing and rolling her brown eyes.

She had feelings for him too, before she died, and now that she's around him again, she still feels the connection. She still loved the man that sat in front of her.

Across from them, Sam and Jess were breathing heavily, their backs to the wall, barely looking at each other.

Of course, Sam wanted to just turn around, hug her, and never let her go, but's it's been years since she died. He has moved on — he might still love her, he will always love her, she was his first real love, but he couldn't help but feel weird.

"You know..." Jess trailed off, clearing her throat. She thought he had the right to know. "I was... um, I was pregnant." Sam turned to her abruptly. "I was pregnant with your baby before I died," she choked out, and tears began to fall down her cheeks. "I was going to surprise you when your brother and you got back from trying to find your father, but—"

"You better not be screwing with me," Sam said, his voice cracking as he looked away from her. His heart broke all over again as he pictured Jess on the ceiling, burning, her eyes wide as the stared straight at him and through his soul. He now pictured baby inside her, burning up, and he covered his mouth as a sob escaped him.

Jess choked back a sob and shook her head. "I'm sorry. I know it's terrible timing, I just thought that you deserved to know before something happened."

"What would happen?" He asked, turning to her. "You dying again?" He scoffed at her face. "Jess, I had nightmares for weeks, months even, about you. I thought I was going insane. It took me forever to even look at another girl, to think about another girl. And every woman I felt something for — she died. They all died. Do you have no idea on how I felt? And now you're telling me that we — I — had a baby that also died. You gotta be kidding me!" He abruptly stood up, pushed over a rack that had some clothes hanging on it, and stormed to the back room.

Dean looked over at Jess with soft eyes that were also full of tears seeing as he heard them. "I'll go talk to him." He then stood up and went after his brother.

Jo scooter over to Jess and pulled her in a hug, comforting the crying woman who had lost her baby.