• Chapter Seventeen •

"Do you believe in your leaders?"    

Alpha Leon let his wolf rise to the surface, pushing his demand to be obeyed towards the she-wolf. Cassius had tried to calm her down, but it appeared that her primal instincts wouldn't be ceased unless given a reason to be, and in the end it was Darren that had called for help. 

They couldn't expect anything less of the she-wolf. She was still learning. 

'What the fuck!?' Cassius shouted at him through mind-link, , 'I told you not to u--'

'Be quiet,' He ordered, observing the she-wolf, 'She needs to know her place.'

There was a breath of silence before the she-wolf moved, and Leon instinctively growled a low warning. She slowly turned to face him, a blankness cloaking her face, and then she returned his growl in a low guttural sound that rumbled in her chest like thunder.

Her eyes flashed a bright silver, and he saw a fire slowly growing in her, felt her wolf presenting itself. He was amazed when he felt her push back against his authority, a power of her own fighting the demand, and he momentarily wondered about her biological parents, where she came from. 

Suddenly, the atmosphere shifted into a dark haze, a sinister feeling crawling up his arms, and he tensed in anticipation. The she-wolf shuddered, as if something was breaking beneath her skin, and then she moved with the swiftness of a jack rabbit. He jerked backwards just seconds before her claws made contact with his chest, and the rush of air that followed made his wolf bristle. 

Reeve snarled in loss of her attempt, and he turned to face her as she began to slowly stalk a semi circle around him, his own body lowered in readiness. Her eyes held such a coldness that he came to realize the rumors of the she-wolf hadn't been far-fetched after all. 

She was a cold blooded demon.

But, he was determined to change it. 

He dodge to the left as Reeve launched at him from the side, and as she made another noise of annoyance, he let a snarl pass his lips. His fingers were burning to release his claws but he kept a grip, and instead his wolf's eyes glowed with his own. 

The she wolf seemed to simply scoff at his warning, disregarding everything within her own safety, and he peeled back his lips to growl in a displeased manner. He realized that she wouldn't consider her own life in defying an Alpha, and just as she leapt to sink her teeth into his shoulder, he spun swiftly and caught her by the scruff of her neck.

He used his wolf's strength to catapult her through the air into a wall several feet away, and as she landed in a heap, it was only seconds before she regained her ground and charged again. She had guts, he had to give her that, but when he threw her into another wall and she refused to show any pain, he frowned at her stubbornness.