Chapter 34~ Season 2 pt.4

(few f-bombs but don't let that deter you from reading this chapter is an important one)

The next couple of hours you were supposed to be practicing with Yugyeom but instead, you were just waiting for the pain to go away long enough to be able to perform on stage. It wasn't until about an hour before the live show was going to begin that your ankle felt good enough to walk on. Yugyeom tried to convince you to rest more but you needed to get ready for the show.

You put on a yellow crop top with black leggings and a black baseball hat for the beginning of the show and had set up your costume ready to change into later. You were going to perform on stage pain or not. When the show started you were sitting with Yugyeom on the lowest level, you were going last so you had plenty of time to wait out the pain.

 When the show started you were sitting with Yugyeom on the lowest level, you were going last so you had plenty of time to wait out the pain

When it was time to go backstage, Yugyeom stared at you constantly, he did not want you to perform. At all. Even while other groups were performing their dances he kept asking you how your ankle was. But you kept assuring him that it was feeling better and you could dance on it now. 

After slipping backstage and quickly changed into your costume you were waiting with Yugyeom for the hosts of the show to call you out. You and Yugyeom were both wearing black lace outfits and you had a pink rose in your hair and Yugyeom had one pinned to his shirt. 

"Our last crew to perform got second on our first episode and now they're back for redemption" Soogeun spoke. You watched the screens start to show some of the clips from the previous week. Most of them were just of Yugyeom talking about how he wanted to win this week and how much effort he put into the practices. Then it started to show the film of the practice run on the stage early in the day. You had to watch yourself fall and it definitely looked way worse than how it felt at the time. 

They were making a big emphasis on your fall, making it seem like it was way worse than it had been. While you were watching you felt Yugyeom grab your hand "We don't have to perform if you don't want to" he said. "No I want to, we got this" You assured Yugyeom just before it was time to make your way on stage. 

You felt nervous, watching the clip of you falling made you worried that you might hurt your ankle worse. All the lights were off on the stage as you stood several feet from Yugyeom. They had made a bunch of fog on stage and it was so thick that you couldn't even see your feet. Suddenly the music started playing and you tried your best not to over think.