Chapter 39~ Dinner with your Parents pt.2

Once you were finally able to get Yugyeom to put on decent clothes you both made your way into your living room

Once you were finally able to get Yugyeom to put on decent clothes you both made your way into your living room. Your parents had already set up your spare table and had already begun placing the food on the table. You let Yugyeom sit down while you quickly helped your mom with the final touches on her food. After all the food was finished and set on the table you and Yugyeom dug right in. Both of you skipped lunch because you had slept most of the day so you were dying for good food.

You were sitting next to your mom and across from Yugyeom at the table eating a large helping of your mom's food. "So when do you both have to start working again?" Your mom asked between bites. "I have to finish teaching their dance work starting Monday since their album comes out soon" You answered. You were excited to start dancing again, even though you knew you were behind on making the choreography for the Eyes on You album. "I'm glad the both of you are being given time to rest" You mom smiled warmly at you and Yugyeom. 

"The company is only giving her time off because she almost died" Your father decided to blurt out changing the atmosphere in the room. "Thankfully because of Yugyeom she is here safe and sound" You mom looked up and was now glaring at your dad. "She almost died because of him" You dad was being blatantly rude and it was making you mad. "Dad you need to stop" You didn't even look at your father as you spoke to him. 

You ignored your father as best as you could, but Yugyeom was giving you weird looks every time he spoke. "So where are you staying while you're here in Seoul?" You turned to your mom hoping this would change the subject. "We're at this hotel just a couple block from here. It's very nice I would say you should stay there but why would you" You mom made a small laugh at her own comment. "So Yugyeom..." You mom turned her attention to yugyeom, who was looked like a chipmunk stuffing his face with food to avoid talking. "What's it like being an idol you're the first person I have ever met whose an idol" You mom smiled while dumping another plate full of food on Yugyeom's plate, almost as if it was a bribe to talk. 

"I love being an idol I get to do everything I've always wanted to do when I was a kid. I get to perform with my hyungs and if I wasn't an idol I would have never met Soomin" Yugyeom looked over at you when he said the last part. "Yugyeom isn't telling you everything, he is one of the fastest learners I've ever met. He is an amazing dancer and sings so beautifully it'll melt your heart" You smiled at Yugyeom, everything you said was true but Yugyeom wasn't the type to brag about his abilities. 

"I thin-" You mom was about to speak but your dad interjected, "How can you say such things about a person that almost got you killed?" You dad raised his voice giving you an angry look. "You need to stop with this. Yugyeom did nothing wrong" You could feel yourself getting angrier and angrier. 

Suddenly you dad stood up from the table. He slammed his hands down and was looking right at you "You almost died here because of that man" You dad wouldn't even use Yugyeom's name. "You're going to come back with us to France and forget about all of this" You were shocked, to say the least. "I'm not going anywhere I have built a life here and I'm not going to abandon it because you say so". "You will be safe there Soomin don't be an idiot. This man has caused you nothing but pain and one day it'll cost you more than just a few days in the hospital"

"Get out," You said very dry and unemotional. You've had enough of this conversation and couldn't take it. "Excuse me?" You dad looked shocked when you spoke. "I want you to leave if you can't accept my life for what it is you don't have to be in it" You stood up from the table and pointed at the door. You dad walked away from the table and picked up his things. When he opened the door he turned around and looked at you with sad soften eyes but you refused to look at him. "One way or another you are going to be safe that is my job" With that you dad slammed the door shut and left. 

You sat back down and covered your eyes with your hand, you were so overwhelmed you just wanted to forget everything. "I'm sorry about your father sweetheart you know he is a stubborn man" Your mom put her hand on your shoulder as she spoke in English. "I think I should tell you this but your father will be very upset if I do" You moved your hand away from your face and looked over at your mom. "Your dad has been wanted you to move to France for quite some time Soomin. He was just waiting to find a good reason to make you go, he has a job lined up for you and is going to try to make you go" You mom sighed, you could feel that she has given up and out of energy. 

"How long has he been planning this?" You asked. "A couple months since right after Christmas" Your mom answered. You placed your elbow on the table making a loud sound against the wood and rubbed the temples of your forehead "I don't understand why he wants me to leave, my life is here and I'm happy with Yugyeom" You felt emotionally drained from this evening events and you just wanted to go back to before all of this happened. "He is very adamant about making you leave Soomin. But whatever happens, I will always love you and support you" Your mom leaned over and kissed your forehead before getting up from the table. "I'll come by in a couple of days to check on you but I'm sure you want a break from us" Your mom had started gathering her belongings. 

"Do you need a ride back to your hotel?" You asked as your mom opened the front door. "Oh no your father and I took separate cars" You mom smiled then left closing the door behind her carefully and gently. You were taken back by the last thing your mom said, but since she was already out the door it was too late to comment on what that meant. 

You walked over to your front door and locked it behind your mom. "Are you ok?" Yugyeom had stood up from the table and walked over to your side. "I'm just overwhelmed I didn't think this is how tonight would go at all" You didn't realize how tense you were until Yugyeom put his arms around you and gave you a small kiss on the neck. "Me either" Yugyeom added. 

You felt relaxed with Yugyeom next to you. You didn't want to let go of this feeling of comfort so you stood in the same place in silence together. You just wanted your life to be the way it was before your relationship with Yugyeom went public. 

"Don't take this the wrong way" Yugyeom finally broke the silence that had filled the air "But your dad has a point you would be safer in France" When Yugyeom said this you were shocked. You turned around breaking his back hug "Are you really suggesting I move to France?" You crossed your arms. "No!" Yugyeom raised his voice at you, which was something that rarely ever happened "That is the last thing I want" Yugyeom took a step towards you closing the gap of space that separated you. "I don't think I could handle seeing you get hurt because of me again" You could see Yugyeom's eyes watering just thinking about what could happen. 

You felt your heart ache, you leaned towards Yugyeom all of your anger and frustration gone and touched your nose with his "What happened wasn't your fault" "I know bu-" Yugyeom tried to counter but you interrupted before he could finish "No buts it wasn't your fault don't ever think that" You gave Yugyeom a peck on the lips. "I love you" He smiled once your lips parted from his. "I love you too" You could feel Yugyeom grabbed your hands

"Let's watch tv and forget about today" Yugyeom lead you over to your living room and pulling you into his lap on the couch. "That's the best idea you've ever had" You smiled kissing Yugyeom on this cheek as you slid into his lap. "What do you want to watch?" He asked scrolling through all the random shows you record but never have a chance to watch. "Let's watch Lipstick Prince I'm behind a few episodes" 

"More than a few" Yugyeom commented noticed ten unwatched episodes listed in your queue as well as trying to tease you. "Shut up. I've been busy" You stuck out your tongue at Yugyeom.