Chapter 27(last)

Jesse McCartney who was traveling to India donated millions to the orphanages around Calcutta and Bombay. This is his fifth trip since he visited China, Vietnam, Bangladesh and Indonesia. When asked why he is doing charity work all of a sudden, he answers simply, “I like to see the little faces light up as they receive new things. I have been always receiving but never giving and this is my way to show appreciation to people in this world.” Our press was the lucky ones to interview Jesse McCartney as after he retired from the entertainment industry, he always runs away from reporters, saying that he does not want fame anymore. Seeing a new side to the once troubled artiste Jesse McCartney was actually refreshing. Asked about his next venture, he smiled and said, “Wait and see.”

            Kayla sighed as she read through her new scrap-book. It has been more than two years and she had quitted working at Wyatt’s Agency after a month that Jesse left the country. She couldn’t concentrate on her work, thinking about him, and also that his father, Mr. McCartney was going to retire soon and asked her to be the manager of his supermarket. He is still overlooking the business, where he just opened another store, while Kayla took care of the main supermarket. Her job was so busy it didn’t give her time to sit and think about Jesse – and that was a good thing for her.

            The only time she thought about him is when she sits at her own apartment alone, looking through her old scrap-books and collecting new articles on the philanthropist Jesse McCartney. At first she was angry that he left, but after a year she forgave him as she learnt that he was doing good deeds. Now, she hopes that he could return and look for her, but he doesn’t. She works hard to forget about the guy named Jesse McCartney.

            “Ms. Hutchins,” Kayla’s secretary, Yvonne calls through the intercom, “Someone is here to see you.”

            “Who is it?” Kayla asked fiercely, placing the scrap-book in the drawer and slamming it shut. Ever since she took the job of managing Star Supermarket, she had to transform herself to be stricter, and that is only how others would take her seriously.

            “Err, he didn’t say,” Yvonne stammered, as Kayla sighed angrily.

            “Didn’t I always tell you to find out whomever that comes to see me?” Kayla snapped at Yvonne, “I don’t have all the time in the world to see everybody.”

            “Ok, ma’am, I will find out who it is,” Yvonne said hanging up. Kayla cradles her head in her hand, sighing. It’s so hard to find decent help these days, she thought. It’s not the first time she’d told Yvonne to let her know who comes through her office door, because if it was not someone important, then she would leave her assistant manager to handle it.

            “Miss Hutchins,” Yvonne called again, “He said he’s from our biggest supplier, Holiday Trading.”

            “Oh, let him in then,” Kayla said. Holiday Trading was the biggest supplier for Star Supermarket, as they supplied almost all their items. It would not do for Kayla to ignore their representative, as they would carry the word back to the management and they might stop supplying to her.