Chapter Three

“Come on Haz, pick up...” I mumbled as I listened to the dial tone on the other end of the phone. I’d been trying almost forever it seemed like, and he still hadn’t picked up the phone. This was the part of the pregnancy where the hormones and the cravings started to mildly kick in.

“Hey babe, are you okay? You’ve called like five times.” he said to me. I heard Louis shouting at him in the background and rolled my eyes to myself.

“Can you pick up a pot of chocolate ice cream in the way home?” I asked him. I heard him laugh on the other end as I asked him this. “I’m serious, Harold.” I said to him.

“Why do you need a pot of chocolate ice cream? We’ve got some in the freezer.”

“Because I’m pregnant and I said so!” I snapped to him. I heard him say ‘Shit’ on the other line as he agreed to pick some up on his way back. I smiled victoriously to myself as I hung up the phone so he could get back to recording. A little more then an hour later, he came home with my ice cream. 

“Remind me again why you needed this?” he asked as he sat down next to me with a spoon and my pot, kissing my cheek as he snuggled me against his side. 

“Cause i’m pregnant, asshole.” I muttered. 

“I thought this wasn’t supposed to start for a couple of months?! Louis lied to me, dammit!” he complained. 

“It starts mildly at three.” I mentioned to him.

“This is mild?! I can’t wait until its full force - OW!” he complained as I hit him to keep him from speaking. “Hey, I had to go out and get it, at least let me have some too. Besides, it takes two people to make a baby! I helped make this!” he complained some more as he pointed down towards my three-month-pregnant belly and took my spoon from me.

“At least get your own... wait, no. That would require you to move and that would mean you have to get up, and i’m comfortable.” I said to him. 

“Well, I hate to say it, but you got to get up anyways. You’ve got your ultrasound in an hour and traffic’s mad. We gotta go.” he said to me. I groaned as he kissed my forehead. “Hey, your pot of ice cream will still be here when we come back! Unless Niall breaks in, then forget about it.”

“Unless he wants to face a hormonal pregnant woman, then he won’t dare.” I said to him as I sat up and handed him the pot. “Please? Hey, I have to walk up stairs to get my purse, alright?!” 

“Then why don’t I go get your purse and you put the pot away so you don’t have to walk up the stairs?” He asked me. I nodded at this smart idea and got up to go put the pot away in the freezer, when I realized something.

“Harry! I look like crap!” I shouted. This outfit wasn’t my normal one, I was in a tight-fitted, well its tight-fitted now, white t-shirt and a pair of black sweats. “Ugh!” I complained. 

“Lord save me..” I heard him mumble as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “You look beautiful. Its not your fault your more comfortable in these clothes then you are in jeans. Come on, lets go now.”