Chapter Eighteen

“Come on Jesse! Please!” Darcy begged her brother. Darcy was now two years old, fully able to speak things in full sentences, and well, able to do things normal two year olds wouldn’t do. Jesse was just sitting up, his curly hair out of control, and staring at her. His first birthday was just over a week ago, and Darcy was determined to get him to walk for the first time today. He would stand, but then realize that he would probably fall and sit back down again. But he wouldn’t actually sit, he would fall to the ground. “Mummy, why won’t he walk like I did in Daddy’s video?” she asked me. 

“I don’t know babe.” I said to her from the kitchen, preparing enough food for the boys when they came back up from the basement. Simon had them at it again - just recording in the studio in the basement. Harry was happy to be at it again, its just that Darcy didn’t quite understand fully why all her uncles would be here and not play with her. But she doesn’t throw a tantrum about it, thank god. I heard thumping from the living room and saw Jesse crawling in. I smiled at him and went over and picked him up and sat him on the counter. I heard the boys getting louder in the basement and rolled my eyes. 

“Mumma.” he said, patting my arm. He always craved attention, even worse then Darcy. Personality wise, he was all Harry. Looks wise, he had Harry’s curls and eyes, but my everything else. I picked him up and opened the basement door. 

“YOUR FULL OF SHIT!” Zayn shouted, laughing his ass off. 

“Food’s ready boys!” I shouted to them. I heard them all get up and a door open and got out of the way for the boys to come up the stairs. “Tacos. Darcy, come on.” I said. Darcy put her things down on the ground and ran over to the table and waiting for me to give her the taco. “I want you to eat it all, got it?” I said to her. She nodded as she took a bite in. “Niall! Leave some, god! I have to eat too!” I said to him as I slapped his hand away from taking another and I took one and started to eat. 

“Dadda!” Jesse shouted. Harry ignored him and took his tacos, the hunger getting the best of him. “Dadda!” he shouted louder. Harry jumped a mile, causing the guys to laugh at him. He growled at them and reached next to me to take him from me. Darcy finished, wiped her mouth, and went off running to play. I hadn’t noticed until just now how out of it I was today. 

“Here, go see Grampy bud.” Harry said, handing the boy over to Liam, who took him with open arms. Harry then came to my side and slipped his arm around my waist. “You okay?” he whispered in my ear. I nodded to him slowly as he kissed my forehead. “We’re done for the day anyways.The kids are going with Zayn, its just us babe.” he whispered. 

“Well, I think i’ll tackle the challenge right about now. Darcy, ready to go?” Zayn said, taking Jesse from Liam. Darcy trotted back into the kitchen happily and nodded. “Alright, say goodbye.” he said. Darcy ran up to us and gave me and Harry kisses on the cheek and left with Zayn soon after. The other boys left as well, leaving it to be just Harry and I. Harry took to putting his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek softly. 

“Okay, you can cut the shit now and tell me whats wrong now.” he said to me simply. I giggled lightly and turned around to face him. I shrugged my shoulders softly, but covered his mouth before he could react. 

“I think I just miss spending time with you like this, with no kids.” I said to him. He embraced me in a soft hug. He then picked me up, catching me by surprise and making me squeal, and walked us into the living room and laid us down on the couch. I was on top of him curled up against his chest and he had his arms around me, close to his body. “Like this. See, i miss this.” I said to him, poking him in the cheek. He smiled, making his dimples show that I loved so much.