Chapter Eight

“I can’t believe your making me go to this thing. Weren’t Danielle’s and Eleanor’s torture enough for me?” Harry muttered in my hospital room as I dangled my feet over the edge of my bed. I rolled my eyes at him as I pulled him closer to fix his shirt a bit. He tried to squirm away from me and I slapped his shoulder.

“Look, I don’t want to do this either. Danielle and Eleanor are practically dragging me down there today. Plus, I don’t want Allie and your mum’s hard work to go to waste. And, we’re getting a bunch of stuff we need for free. We win out of this, dork.” I said to him. 

“Good point... but how are you feeling? So far so good today?” he asked me. I nodded. My doctor had taken me off my medication this morning, saying that now the baby had grown enough that if early labor was to happen, she would live. So, she decided to take me off and see how it goes, and if I go into labor, well then, I go into labor. But so far baby’s been good with staying in and no contractions have happened so far. “Good. I still can’t believe your making me do this.” he mumbled as he kissed my forehead. 

“I’m not explaining again.” I said to him and I played with his hair some more and kissed his forehead. “But, its only fair to Dad and Louis that you go because they were stuck with it too.” He rolled his eyes as he kissed me on the lips softly. 

“Can I see the list now?” He asked me. I shook my head and he grunted as his phone rang in his pocket. He picked it up and read the message and threw it back in his pocket. “Mum wants us down there. Get ready.”  he said. I rolled my eyes as he helped me get off the bed. He latched his arm around my waist and held onto my arm tightly while we walked. Anne and Allie had managed to get the hospital to allow them to hold my baby shower in their recreation room on the main floor. Then they managed to convince my doctor that we didn’t need any nurses downstairs because Louis’ mum is a nurse and she will be there with us. 

“Just so you know, I have no idea what they’re planning or what they’re going to put you through.” I said to him as we entered the elevator. I heard him groan again as he put his head on the wall of the elevator. “You know how we can’t say no to them.” I said to him.

“I know. Ugh, we’re on the main floor.” He complained. I rolled my eyes as I dragged him out behind me and I saw Anne waiting for us, probably to make sure that Harry wouldn’t run away. He had been seriously, seriously dreading this today. “I wasn’t planning on running away.” he mentioned to her.

“I was just going to make sure. No need to get angry with me.” she said to him, slapping his shoulder as she directed down the hallway. She stopped in front of the door that had a bunch of banners and streamers all over it. “So you know, we went overboard. But we really don’t care what you think.” she said as she twisted the knob open and lead us into the room. 

“You don’t say you went overboard?! My eyes are burning from the pink!” Harry complained. They had managed to turn the dull, grey room pretty and appealing. There were many banners and such up, a lot with her name since we let them know, obviously. Everybody was smiling and clapping for us and thats when I saw the presents in the corner. “What - holy crap! Katie, look at that pile! Dammit, what did you put on that list?” 

“Well from the pile, you’re probably going to see everything.” I said to him, following Anne to my seat in front of a table, and Harry went over and found the guys muttering curses under his breath.