Chapter Nine

three months later

I woke up at two in the morning for no reason at all. Well, it might have been because i turned over in my sleep and found that Harry wasn’t there, which made me suspicious. I listened and heard Harry singing down the hall and smiled. Darcy must have woken up and Harry must have heard her. I felt bad, he was going on a plane today to New York to start his tour in America, then the world. I got out of bed and went into Darcy’s bedroom to see Harry standing there with her in his arms. 

“Hey.” I said to him as I entered the room. He looked at me and smiled.

“Hey. She woke up about fifteen minutes ago or something... but she won’t go back to sleep now.” Harry said to me. I giggled at him as I looked at tiny Darcy-Anne down in his arms. She had gotten Harry’s curls and green eyes and dimples, which made me happy because I adore his dimples. Who doesn’t, right?

“Give her here. Go back to sleep Haz, you’re going to be on a plane for like, 8 hours or something.” I said to him as I took Darcy out of his arms and put her into mine. He rolled his eyes as he pulled me onto his lap on the chair we had put in her room. Of course he would just ignore me. “Hello little Darcy.” I said to her softly. She smiled her tiny little smile up at me as I kissed her forehead.

“I’m gonna miss you two so much...” he said to me sadly. I balanced Darcy in one arm and leaned over to sweep some of his curls out of his face and kiss him. 

“We’ll miss you too. Just remember to Skype whenever you can, and don’t do anything stupid.” I said to him with a still giggle. He rolled his eyes at me and turned his attention back towards Darcy. He smiled down at her, and I looked down. She had fallen back asleep. I got up and slowly put her back in her crib. Once I put her back, Harry picked me up and carried back into bed.  “Go on Haz, go back to sleep. You’re going to need it.” I said to him as he embraced me from behind. 

“Staying up with you is so much better though.” he mumbled to me, already falling back asleep. 

“You’re already falling asleep. Go.” I said to him. He didn’t even have much a time to reply before he was back asleep. I rolled my eyes to myself as I played with the ends of his curls. It killed me inside for today to come. I didn’t know what I was going to do without him here in London with me and Darcy. There isn’t much I could do with her only being three months old. Danielle had to work and the kids had school, so that was out of the question. Eleanor got back to work recently for a bit before the new baby comes, so thats out of the question too. All I had was Allie, and even that might not deem successful because she’s been getting sick lately, thinking that she’s going back into relapse. 

I’m also scared of that. If Allie might be showing all the signs of relapse and we were in the hospital at the same time, that could also mean that I could be starting to show signs soon as well. I don’t know what I would do, I can’t be in the hospital sick with cancer and take care of a baby at the same time while my husband is on tour in the States and the world with his band. I think I was more nervous for this tour then the guys are, but can you blame me? I’m a new mother with a three month old baby, sending her husband off around the world with his mates for six months. 

Eventually my thoughts calmed down and I found myself falling back asleep next to Harry once more.