Chapter Sixteen

“Come on Darcy, walk to daddy. You can do it!” Harry encouraged our one year old daughter. I sat on the couch, rolling my eyes. She was standing up by the fireplace in our new home, her hands gripping the sticks we use to poke it. She stared at Harry curiously and narrowed her eyes, determined to get over to Harry somehow. Darcy’s curly brown hair hung down in her face in small little ringlets. “Come on Darcy!” he said happily. She smiled at him as she attempted to take a step forward, but plummeted to the ground instead. She let out a shriek, but not of pain, she was the baby who would just fall and get back up again no sweat, the shriek was of frustration. I could tell. “Dammit, she was close that time.” Harry said from the floor. Darcy then sat back up and crawled over to Harry quickly. “You just need to do some more walking with Brielle or Nicole and you’ll be good.”

“She’s gonna walk tonight, at her party in front of everybody.” I said, staring down at him. “I bet you. She’s going to want the attention. Just like you, Haz!” 

“Momma?” she asked from below me, holding her arms out to me. Oh yeah, she could say Momma, Dadda, and Baby, but nothing else. I should probably inform you that i’m also three months pregnant. Yeah, that time with Harry in the hotel didn’t end up working out. But we all know Harry and his determination. I picked her up and sat her on my lap as she put her hand to slightly showing stomach. “Baby!” she said happily. The doorbell rang and Harry got up slowly, groaning. “Door!” she shouted. That was a new one. 

“Yeah baby, Door. Its probably Grammy early.” Harry said to her. Darcy smiled as he walked away. Darcy slid off my lap and crawled over to the hallway and sat down where she could see who was coming in. “Mum! The party doesn’t start for another hour! There’s nothing to do here, Katie’s got the food all set -”

“Hush Harry. Is it a crime that I came early? I don’t think so.” she said to him. Darcy squealed from her spot on the carpet, causing me to laugh and get up. “There she is, its the birthday girl!” Anne said to her. Darcy smiled a mile wide - she loved attention.

“She likes the attention, just like her father.” Gemma said to Harry. 

“Alright, I get it. Gesh, Katie said the same thing.” he mumbled. Anne then came into the room and picked Darcy up off the ground and put her into the air. “We almost got her to walk this morning, and now she knows four words; Momma, Dadda, Baby, and Door.” he explained. “She almost has Uncle down too.” 

“Unca Lou? Unca Ni? Unca Zee?” Darcy asked him. I had to laugh when she tried saying Zayn, she said Zee instead. Harry thought it was hysterical. “Grammy!” she said, tapping on Anne’s shoulder and pointing at Harry, who was laughing to hard to function. 

“Wait til Zayn hears that one. Oh god, thats my girl!” Harry said to her. 

“Where’s the cake in this mess of food?! God, you have enough to feed an army, Katie!” Gemma said from the kitchen. 

“Well, I am feeding Niall Horan and Zayn Malik.” I said to her, walking in. “The cake is getting taken care of by Danielle. Desert is Eleanor’s specialty, but I made some too.”

“Katie, I would have loved to have helped!” Anne said, putting Darcy down on the floor again. Darcy then turned around and crawled back over to her toys, but then shouted “Dadda!” at Harry and patted the floor next to her, demanding his attention and time.