Chapter Seventeen

“Daddy, can we go out?” Darcy asked Harry from her toys on the floor. Harry sighed next to me. 

“No babe, we have to stay home with mummy, remember? Your baby brother Jesse might come any day now.” Harry explained to her. She smiled, understanding, and went back to playing with some of her toys on the floor. I groaned lightly in exhaustion. I had never made it to nine months with Darcy, and I was dying with Jesse this time around. Harry rubbed my back softly. “It’ll be fine. He’ll be here soon. We hope.” he said to me. 

We? I think you mean I.” I said to him. “You’re not the one who’s got to go through this crap!” I spat to him. He rolled his eyes as I groaned again, a light contraction going through my stomach. We had been at the hospital all night last night because of them - only to get sent home with them saying that it wasn’t time yet and to come back only when my water breaks. So i’ve been laying on the couch ever since I woke up this morning, in a pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt of Harry’s. 

“Listen, if it gets worse then screw what they have to say and we’ll just go back. If you really get that miserable.” Harry said to me, kissing the top of my forehead. “Darcy, do you want some lunch?” he asked her. 

“Yes please daddy!” she said to him. Harry got up from the couch and pulled me up with him and lead me into the kitchen. Darcy sat on the table in front of me waiting patiently for Harry to bring her the lunch he was warming up, left over cooked chicken from dinner last night. “Thanks daddy.” she said to him sweetly. Harry kissed her forehead as he came around back to me. 

“Do you feel like eating?” he asked me. I shook my head at him as I got back up and went upstairs into my room. I laid sideways on the bed and tried to close my eyes to take a nap. “Ready for your sleep over with Uncle Zayn and Aunty Perrie?” Harry asked as the door opened and shut. 

“Yeah! Hi Uncle Zayn!” she said happily, running over to him by the sounds of it. Zayn then said they would have her back soon, I think, and Harry came darting up the stairs and laid next to me in bed. I groaned softly as he started to stroke my hair.

“Dammit Katie, why don’t we just take you back?” he asked me. 

“Cause my water hasn’t broke yet.” I said to him simply as he kissed my cheek softly. 

“If your that miserable then we could go to the hospital.” Harry said to me. I almost turned around and snapped at him but I felt a really bad contraction go through my stomach and I groaned. “Thats it. I’m getting your purse and your coat and we’re going back. I’m bringing the baby stuff so they know we’re not leaving this time until we’ve got Jesse with us.” he said to me. I sat up straight and glared at him as he walked out. He came back a few seconds later with my coat and purse and the baby bag we had packed for the hospital day. WIthout arguing, I put my coat on and took my purse and followed him out. I got bored on the ride so I went on Twitter and made a tweet, updating the fans on whats going on.

‘@KatieStylesx: back to the hospital we go! this time @Harry_Styles isn’t gonna let them release me i think :x keep you posted!’

I got brave and hit the Tweet button then left the app, because I knew two seconds later the internet would probably explode. Harry was focused on the road in front of him and didn’t even speak a word to me until we got to the hospital. 

“Come on, lets go.” he said to me. I nodded as I slowly got myself out of his car and he walked with me back into the hospital. He spoke to them and said the contractions are getting worse and that even though my water hasn’t broke yet, he wants something to be done because i’m miserable. So they checked me into a room and gave me an IV. I was then checked by my doctor who said I needed to be induced. As soon as the medicine got into my IV and the doctor left, I left out a massive groan.

“God dammit.” I cussed out. Harry chuckled from next to me but nonetheless pecked me on the lips sweetly. He then placed a hand on my stomach and rubbed around in circles softly. 

“Told you we weren’t going to leave without Jesse.” he said to me. I slapped him in the shoulder as he laughed. 

“You’re a pain in the ass.” I said to him as I leaned back in my bed. Harry chuckled once more and I closed my eyes slowly for a little bit of a nap. 

****

“HARRY SHUT UP!” I shouted in pain. He was trying to make me calm right now, but that wasn’t going to work at this moment. I’m pretty sure if he was trying to push a baby out he wouldn’t be to happy either. He scoffed behind me, knowing that I wasn’t being serious at all. 

“He’s almost here, Katie. Just one more.” my doctor said to me. I groaned, having a gut feeling she was lying to me. But she wasn’t, because a couple seconds later the majority of the pain stopped and I heard the screaming of my baby boy. Harry kissed me on the lips softly. 

“He looks like you.” he said to me. I smiled as he was placed on my stomach and Harry teared up while he cut the chord. He was then wrapped up in a blanket after being dried off and wiped off and handed to me. He had also finally stopped screaming. Harry looked at him teary-eyed and kissed his forehead. Jesse had a small mass of curly hair, just like Harry. But Harry was right, Jesse looked nothing like him, he was all me. “I’ll be right back… i’m going to get Darcy from the waiting room.” he said to me. I nodded slowly as Jesse mumbled little sounds in my arms and kicked his feet under the blanket.  I smiled because Darcy was the same way she was born. I kissed his forehead gently as Harry walked back in the room with Darcy in his arms. He placed her on the bed next to me and she crawled closer and smiled. “Give him kisses here Darc.” Harry said to her softly, pointing at his forehead. Darcy leaned over and tenderly pecked Jesse’s forehead, catching the picture. Ten seconds later, he tweeted it. 

‘@Harry_Styles: happy to say that Jesse Matthew was born just over 10 minutes ago! pic.twitter.com/c6g7c0’

“I kissed the baby mummy.” she said happily. I giggled lightly at her as Harry stole him from my arms and held him on his own. I took Darcy in my arms and since it was late I started try to get her to fall asleep, and it worked because a few minutes later Darcy was asleep, and so was Jesse. Zayn came back in to drop off her bag, for she was gonna stay with us all at the hospital overnight. Harry laid her on the extendable couch to sleep and he laid next to me next. 

“You must be tired, babe.” he said to me. I nodded slowly as I put my head on the pillow.  “Go to sleep. Cause i’m going right now. Night beautiful.” he whispered in my ear. Soon after he put his arms around my stomach, I fell straight asleep. 

****

so yeah sorry they've been short. they probably will be short cause honestly i just want to end the series already i'm sick of writing it at this point. but i'm gonna be sad when chapter 20 comes.