Chapter Twelve

Several long hours later, I got a call from Harry saying he had landed in Paris and was on his way to the hospital. He didn’t say if he had gotten in any trouble, but I assumed that he had obviously had gotten in some. I was standing next to Darcy in her hospital crib holding her little hand in mine. She was awake and kicking around. I could pick her up, but she was enjoying herself to much in the crib, I couldn’t disturb her peace that she finally had. Allie had left to go back to the hotel, so it was just Darcy and I until Harry showed up. 

She was such a beautiful baby, I couldn’t believe I might have given her my disease. Darcy was also so well behaved, she didn’t cry all throughout the night and she was so happy all the time. Even now, her eyes were sparkling green and she had a baby smile on her face. Her little curls were sticking up mildly, but she was still beautiful. 

I heard someone turn the knob for the door and snapped my head over to the doorway and saw Harry standing there. I let go of Darcy’s hand and ran straight into his arms and cried. I had been waiting to cry for so long. He put his arms around my body and rubbed my back soothingly as he whispered for me to calm down, that it would be alright.

“Its okay Katie, it really is. Calm down babe.” he said to me softly. I wiped my eyes of my tears and looked back up at him. “Come on, sit down.” he said to me softer then before. He guided me over to a chair and sat me down slowly, and then he sat down on the one next to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

“I’m so sorry Harry.” I whined in his shoulder. He kissed my forehead softly and moved my hair out of my face smoothly. Darcy was smiling and looking over in our direction as she saw Harry, it was only a matter of time until she cried out to him and demanded that he pays attention to her. 

“Its not your fault at all, don’t start.” he said to me. I looked up at him for the first time since he arrived. He looked the same as always. His bright green eyes were sparkling of course, under them he had big bags. His curly hair was a mess, which on instinct I started fixing. He laughed at me lightly as he leaned over and kissed my lips softly. “Now, calm down some more.” he said to me as he put his arms around me and held me close to him. I nodded in his shoulder as Darcy cried out to him finally. He laughed as he stood up and picked her up. No matter how many bags Harry may have under his eyes, they always light up when he holds her. 

“Are all of these from blood work?” he asked. I nodded slowly as he kissed them all. “All better princess.” he said as he tickled her feet lightly and she smiled widely. 

“I wish it was that easy.” I said to him quietly. Harry looked at me sadly and kissed my forehead softly. I sat back down, after a couple of minutes he joined me, still holding Darcy. Darcy was now looking at me with her wide baby eyes, reaching her arms out for me to embrace her. 

“Come on, she wants you to hold her.” Harry said to me. I smiled at her softly as I took her into my arms and she put her head in my shoulder. She was tired and she wanted to sleep. I kissed her forehead softly. “How much longer until we find out?” he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. 

“I’ve been here since yesterday, still nothing.” I said to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and held me closely. Darcy’s eyes were closed and she started getting heavy in my arms. We sat in silence for a few minutes until I spoke up. “How long do you have?” I asked him. 

“Simon gave me a week, but he said that if I needed to he would give me another week. Everyone else had to stay back obviously. Liam was upset, he wanted to come as well.” Harry said to me. “Of course everyone wanted to come back home, but only I was able to. Simon said that if someone else was to come back with me then it would be worthless to even have the shows.” He kissed my forehead again. He was going to say something again when the door opened once more and a doctor walked in. 

“You must be Harry. I’m Darcy’s doctor for the time being, Doctor Franco.” she said as she shook hands with him. She had a paper in her folder, I could see Darcy’s name at the top of it. I tensed up as Harry did as well. “We have reviewed the blood tests of Darcy, and we have come to the conclusion that this is just a case of the flu, no cancer cells.” I breathed a sigh of relief as Harry thanked the doctor for as as she told us we could leave. 

“You can relax now, Katie.” Harry said, taking Darcy out of my arms and putting her down into her car seat. I nodded happily as I put on my jacket. He tucked Darcy in with her blankets tightly, making sure the cold wouldn’t get to her. He kissed her forehead as he tucked a pacifier in her mouth and I grabbed my purse and the bag. “Lets go back to the hotel.” he said to me. I took his hand as he held Darcy in her carrier. It was a quick in and out of the hospital and a quick walk back to the hotel. I found my room key and let us in to the room to hear Nicole screaming.

“Put me down Daddy!” she yelled. I looked into the room and found that Louis was here with us. “Aunty! Is the baby okay?” Nicole asked me as she escaped Louis’ grip. 

“The baby is fine, she’s just sick.” I said to her. “Louis, what are you doing here?” I asked him. 

“Simon let us have a week off, postponed all interviews.” he said. “Niall and Allie are in her side of the room talking, and Eleanor is resting. Zayn went home to see his family and Liam and Danielle took the kids to see his parents.” he told me. I nodded as Harry collapsed himself on the couch with Darcy on his chest. Darcy was wide awake and looking around the room, or smiling at her Uncle Louis. I walked over to Harry’s side and took Darcy out of his arms. 

“Go to sleep, you need it. I need it too, i’ll join you in a minute.” I said to him. I kissed his forehead as he smiled at me and walked away into our room at the hotel room. I bounced Darcy around for a few minutes to make her fall asleep, which she did, and put her in the portable crib. I quickly changed and slid next to Harry, it had been a long couple of days for me, which I had gotten no sleep at all. After a couple of seconds I felt his arms snake around my waist and his lips on my forehead, then down to my temple, my cheek, my nose, and finally my lips. 

“I love you so much, Katie.” he said to me. 

“I love you to Harry.” I replied back. Thinking the conversation was over and I could go back to sleep, I tried to, until I heard his voice.

“Come back with me.”

*****

i put you out of suspense just to put you back in. mwuahahaha >:P

should she go with him?