Getting it Going

Joshua asked Jeonghan to come with him to the meeting, to which Jeonghan understandingly said yes, no need to ask why. They found two empty seats in between other students and sat down, looking around for familiar faces. They found Soonyoung, Minghao, and Jun, and a few others Joshua recognized, but thankfully not Hansol.

"Just don't think about it," Jeonghan whispered to him as the lights on the stage were coming on.

"Welcome students. Congratulations on making the first audition cuts for the Seoul Contest of Artists. Please take this—"

The sound of the auditorium doors opening cut off the lady speaking at the podium.

Joshua knew what he would see when he turned around but he still did.

Hansol, and Wonwoo, were walking down one of the isles of the auditorium.

The lady waited for both to be seated to proceed. "As I was saying, take this seriously. Many other students auditioned and only a selected few made it. With that in mind, should the SCA board deem you unfit to participate you will be replaced. The director will now go over the rules and regulations for SCA, please save questions until the end."

Wonwoo had to keep telling Hansol to focus and stop looking at Joshua—who had not looked at Hansol once. Joshua definitely hated him.

The assembly was pretty basic, none of the information was extremely necessary, most of it was already implied; i.e. competitors get disqualified if they cheat, competitors were not allowed to use copyrighted work without permission, etc....

The only part Hansol really had to pay attention to was when the director was explaining what would happen when they went to Seoul the following day. They would be lodged in a five-star hotel and from there they would go to the convention center that the auditions were to be held. There were five stages until a competitor could reach the actual contest, which Hansol already knew. Each stage, a round of competitors was eliminated—almost like a Britain's Got Talent type thing, but much more rigorous. Two weeks after the final stage, the contest would take place; it would be broadcasted nationwide and many entertainment company executives would be recruiting—that's why everyone was desperate to make it to the final, most didn't even care if they won, they just wanted to be recognized by a company. Hansol had heard that even executives from the big three made appearances.

The assembly took longer that Hansol would've wanted; by the time the director got to the questions, Hansol was ready to jump out of his seat.

Hansol got up and took one step in Joshua's direction but Wonwoo held him back.

"Wait, talk to him in private," Wonwoo warned.

Hansol hated when Wonwoo was right. But he also hated waiting.

"Fuck waiting," he said, and yanked his wrist from Wonwoo's grip and rushed after Joshua, who was almost at the exit.

"Joshua!" he yelled.

Jeonghan and Joshua both turned around.

"Joshua please, I need to talk to you." Hansol was taking the steps two at a time, never taking his eyes off of Joshua.

Jeonghan suddenly stepped in front of Hansol, making him almost crash into his chest. "Joshua doesn't want to see you," Jeonghan said.

"Please Jeonghan, I want to apologize—"

"You don't even know what you did do you?"

Hansol shook his head.

Jeonghan sighed. "Just be patient, Hansol, Joshua will open up to you eventually, but for now, keep your distance as much as possible, he needs space."