Chapter 3

(The above image is my ideal Wei Xiaolong.)

Li Ming finally convinces Xu Jun that he is not hungry. After their little drama in the kitchen, both feel closer to one another. Forsaking his pride, Li Ming lets his human play with him to his heart's content. Ah he's a cat. A cat.

"Baby," Xu Jun calls his attention, phone in hand with the video on. On the screen, Baby tilts its head to the side, big bottomless eyes blinking innocently. "Meow~" It scratches its right ear before catching sight of the swishing bushy tail. A predatory gleam flashes in those pitch black eyes and Baby proceeds to catch its own tail, making for a funny and cute video.

An idea pops in Li Ming's head but he is going to need Xiao Hong's assistance.

The two while away by playing and cuddling but are interrupted by a buzzing sound coming from the front door. "Weird, I'm not expecting any visitor today." Xu Jun mumbles, nervousness showing on his face. "Baby, wanna see who it is?"

"Ok," Li Ming gamely replies. Hearing the cute "meow" the actor beams. My baby seems smarter today.

Xu Jun, with Baby in his arms, walks to the front door to see their guest. The former has a confused look on his face when he sees the video in the intercom - two burly men wearing black suits. I don't think they are here to sell something. He speaks to the intercom, "Uhm is there something you need?"

The two men exchange look before one of them speaks. "We are looking for Mr. Xu Jun."

"T-That's me," replies Xu Jun, clutching Baby tighter to his bossom.

"Mr. Xu Jun, your brother is expecting to meet you today. We are sent to escort you to him."

Boom. AHHH! Xu Jun stands there, all stiff and shocked, and Li Ming ruefully watches him. His human needs to grow some backbone, ah. The white furry cat boops his human on the face to get him out of his stupor.

Blinking dazedly, Xu Jun replies in a small voice. "Ah yes, I am...coming." The twenty-two year old guy implores his baby to come with him with his pleading brown eyes. Li Ming can only inwardly laugh in self-deprecating manner. The cat meows. Xu Jun opens the door and walks out of his house.

The two mean-looking guys don't even bat an eyelash when they see the person holding on to a cute furry creature as if its a lifeline. They flock him on both sides and usher him to get in the car.

The ride goes smoothly and quietly. Li Ming can feel his human's fast heartbeat. Ay, how do I train this sissy guy to become tougher.

If Xu Jun hears his baby's thoughts, his heart will break. It's not that he's a sissy, it's only because of his brother, ah!

Soon they arrive in a well-secured suburb. Based on the quality of those massive and intricately designed mansions, this residential complex only homes the filthy rich and elite class of society. Li Ming contemplates, his pitch black eyes narrowing in thought. From Xiao Hong's prior report, Xu Jun has a complicated family background. He infers that he may have either a strict upbringing or may have been neglected, or a combination of the two. His brother, Wei Xiaolong, has a different surname. They are either half-brothers - one born from the legal wife, the other from a mistress. Or, Xu Jun has been disowned and has lost the right to bear the family name.

The car briefly stops before the gate of a three-storey white villa and after a few seconds the gate opens. One of the black suit guys drives on the drive way and parks the car a few steps away from front door where a middle-age man in a formal-looking uniform waits.

Someone opens the door and Xu Jun with his pet cat exit the car. The butler welcomes them with a professional smile. "Young Master Jun, welcome home. Master Xiaolong is expecting you. I will take you to him."