Chapter 4

Once he returns to his own courtyard, Li Ming quickly attempts to assemble all the metal pieces in order to create a makeshift gun. However, reality proves to be trickier than imagination as he doesn't have the right tools to make the threading on the two endings of the steel pipes. I guess that's the first thing I need to do. Thus, the whole afternoon is spent on laboriously constructing his revolver.

The four maidservants offer to do the menial task for him but Li Ming doesn't dare. Of all the blueprint he has sent to Hou Tao, only the gun's manufacturing process is not included. Modern-day weapons in ancient era? He knows how OP that will make him be. Nonetheless, if they fall on the wrong hand, he can imagine the consequences.

That night, he relaxes inside a tub filled different colored petals. Shao Lei must have noticed his sorry state.

When he exits his bedchamber, he finds his big brother lounging in front of the table full of sumptuous meals. Yu Shuren's usually tied brown hair is flowing freely behind his dark purple robes. "Huan-er, I came to mooch off some food."

Li Ming's face is full of black lines. This man, when he was only sixteen, grabbed the first rank in the imperial civil service exam. This monumental event brought pride and joy to the Yu patriarch who threw an excessive feast for his first son. This hypocritical minister even let Li Ming attend the banquet. Later on, the emperor bestowed Yu Shuren a gold-rank scholar identity and conferred to him a small post in the Ministry of Justice.

Along with all the top-notchers of the exam that glorious, Yu Shuren attended the banquet in the palace where he showed his intention of assisting the crown prince, Yan Jianhong. This move was to deter the other princes from currying favor. Of course, the crown prince accepted Yu Shuren's loyalty with a proud smile. Not everyone was happy with that, especially the first prince, Yan Guanyu, who had been eyeing the Yu household from the start.

Li Ming flashes him a tired smile, taking the seat opposite him. They begin their meal in a companionable silence. Sometimes the older male deposits nutritious foods to the younger's bowl. And sometimes the younger male offers a vegetable he doesn't like.

After the maidservants take away the bowls and chopsticks, the two brothers wash up. Yu Shuren opens about wanting to sleep with his younger brother. Li Ming hand signals, why?

Blinking his eyes and acting coquettish, the shameless twenty-year-old man begs, "I haven't slept with Huan-er since Huan-er turned 10. Big brother is lonely. Everyday going to the court and dealing with doddering old men. Afternoon is spent handling that perverted prince. See, see, big brother is doing hard work. Reward this pitiful big brother, Huan-er, my Huan-er~"

Li Ming's right eye twitches in annoyance. Who is your Huan-er? Shaking his head, the only way to shut up this bro-con is to let him do as he pleases for now. He gestures his brother to follow him in the bedchamber.

Yu Shuren jumps into action right away, scooping his now fifteen-year-old younger brother. Maybe because of practicing martial arts with that Jianhong brat that his muscles have fully developed and he can now easily lift Huan-er. That or his baby brother is severely light-weight. He definitely thinks it's the latter.

"Huan-er, you need to eat more. You weight as light as a feather," Yu Shuren says while carefully laying down Huan-er who has a "murderous" face. Ah so meng~

Li Ming may be posing as a teenager but his souls is that of a full-pledged twenty-five-year-old man. This act of being carried around and pampered by his idiotic brother is slowly driving him insane. He might have allowed him when he was a kid, but with his impending coming of age ceremony, Li Ming feels that his big brother should stop or reduce his coddling.