Chapter 5

Xu Jun may want to forget what happened but the world can't. The video has become an overnight sensation, earning 3.2 million views and 1.9 million shares. It becomes the number 2 trending post in the internet! Screenshots and gifs of Xu Jun's walk out shower scene dominate the search engine.

At 6 in the morning, the actor is rudely woken up by the loud buzzing noise from the intercom. He rubs his sleepy face and checks the time. So early, who is up and about causing trouble for him? Can't be his brother's goons again, right? Looking at the peaceful visage of his baby, he decides to go down and confront the visitor. Well the visitor turns out to be his agent, Wang Yong. "Brother Wang? Why the sudden visit?" asks the groggy and confused Xu Jun.

Misty half-lidded eyes, sexy messed up bed hair, and those bare compact abs, this actor has become a fine young man able to seduce with his innocent yet charming countenance. Since when, Wang Yong wants to know too. This man before him is now the hot topic of the internet. Everyone wants to see more, know more, and hear more about him. "Xu Jun, did you check your blog yet?"

Xu Jun blinks. How can he bother to do that when he just gets up from bed. He shakes his head. "Why? Did something happen, brother Wang?"

Wang Yong takes out his phone, slides his finger swiftly on the screen, then shoves it to the actor. Xu Jun dumbly accepts the smartphone and focuses his attention on the screen. The site is his official microblog, he's sure of it. But what's with the staggering number of followers? He's sure it is around 200,000 the last time he checked. Now, however, it has broken a million. Eh?

"Brother Wang, this. This," Xu Jun doesn't know how to continue. He checks his microblog again and sees the numerous comments and shares from his old and new fans. Almost all of them are demanding for him to post more photos. Too little photos to like! And to upload more pictures or videos of Baby and him.

"I watched the replay of last night's live broadcast. I don't know if you did it intentionally or not, but the people love it. You have become an instant celebrity. Just now, I received a call from S Fashion magazine. They want to squeeze in a brief interview and do a few shots of you and Baby. They said that they are running out of time as this will be included for next month's issue which will be relased next week. I said yes right away and now we have to go to their building to sign the contract. As you have a shoot for your drama today, they agree to do the shoot and interview tomorrow." informs an excited Wang Yong. Their big break has come! S Fashion magazine is a first-tier magazine and is viewed, online and offline, by millions of fashion enthusiasts throughout the country.

Xu Jun inhales sharply. In his three years in the entertainment industry, this is the first time he has gotten the attention of a highly reputable magazine. His handsome face lits up in joy, excitement, and anticipation. He must do his best! Even if it's only answering a few questions or posing for the camera, he will give it all. "What time do we need to be there?"

"You need to be in the studio by 11 am to shoot Shape of Love so I arranged for the signing of contract at 9," answers Wang Yong. He check his watch. "I will make you some breakfast so go and take a shower. Groom yourself."

Nodding, Xu Jun runs to his bedroom to find his baby already stretching atop the soft mattress. "Baby!" exclaims a beaming actor, diving in beside his lovable pet. "Guess what, I am gonna be on a page of S!" He hugs the softly mewling cat, then nuzzles his silky white fur. Calming down, he quietly murmurs, "Baby, I feel like the world is finally spinning in the right direction."

-----

Li Ming watches the door closing. His human and that other man, Wang Yong, are on their way to sign the contract with S. Li Ming fervently hopes that Xu Jun ceases this chance and gives a good impression to the editors. If he becomes more known and popular, maybe he will receive better resources in his current agency.