Chapter 11

A month into taping the movie The Legend of Liu Sheng-li, the production crew releases the promotional posters of the important characters. Xu Jun gains more fame and attention but this never gets to his head. He still treats the staff and his co-actors with amiable attitude. His fanbase has also increased in a staggering number of 3.5 million. With the success of his drama series and now his role as the young Liu Sheng-li, his third-rate status jumps to second. Of course, not everything comes positive out of this. There are some netizens who have drawn attention, saying that Xu Jun doesn't deserve the role. He is inexperienced and isn't qualified to star in the heavily-funded movie. They criticize the production staff for hiring a no-name actor to play such important character.

Xu Jun remains calm against those slandering and malicious words. But that doesn't mean his beloved cat is the same. Li Ming orders Xiao Hong to shut down those people who post those comments. "Make sure they will never get to post anything online again. And I mean never." Thus, the criticisms die down along with those banned haters.

Three months into shooting, Xu Jun and He Zan have gotten to know each other better. They seem to just click. Before taping, they practice their scenes together. When it is meal time, either He Zan comes to find him to eat together or the other way around. The famous A-list actor with over a hundred million followers regularly updates his microblog and, recently, the fans notice he is posting more photos and videos of him and Xu Jun. This has never happened before. While He Zan may be close to his co-stars but it is not to the point of posting their photos three times a day! Xu Jun is clearly "special". Thus, the start of #ZanJun ship online.

After wrapping up the last scene in the movie, six months have passed. Everyone is invited to a sumptous feast in a high-end seafood restaurant courtesy of their richest investor. After this night, the actors are all given a three-week vacation before the show premier.

Xu Jun plans to go overseas and enjoys a relaxing vacation in the beach. Maybe he can bring Baby along too. He imediately scoffs at the thought. That cat has forgotten who his real owner is! No, can't blame his baby. Clearly it's brother who's at fault here. He keeps monopolizing Baby and is overly possessive of him. He barely spends time with his beloved pet before he is snatched away by that evil man who, without shame, shoos him away. With a heart full of grievance, he usually runs to He Zan's home and rants about the evil man who has abducted his baby.

He Zan who has fixed his gaze on Xu Jun throughout the banquet shakes his head in amusement. He can easily tell what is in the younger man's mind. Looking at that lonely expression, he fondly rubs those unruly locks to get his attention. "What are your plans?" he asks.

"Was planning to soak in a beach overseas but..." I don't have anyone to spend the time with. Xu Jun helplessly replies. "Most likely I am gonna stay in my brother's private resort in the countryside."

"Not bad," hums the slightly smiling man. "Since we have three weeks worth of free time, why don't you join me for a week? My family owns an island in the south."

Xu Jun can't believe what his hearing. His face instantly splits in a genuine smile. With shining eyes, he nods his head. "I want!"

He Zan feels his heart getting itchy. He stumps the urge to kiss and devour those smiling lips. No, it's not the right place for that. Soon.

-----

For the show premiere of the most anticipated movie of the year, The Legend of Liu Sheng-li, the promotional staff invites various media outlet and journalists to cover the event. Reporters along with their crew stand on the side of the red carpet and patiently wait for the star-studded cast to strut their way into the theater. First to arrive are mostly actors and actresses who have minor roles in the movie. They pose in front of the movie's grandiose backdrop before moving along. Some of them are randomly interviewed as well. Following are a conundrum of currently famous artists of the industry who are especially invited to attend the ceremony. The renowned author Li Xu Ying also graces the red carpet.