Chapter 3

Yan Empire is one of the main power in the world where Li Ming has transmigrated to. This world can be considered minor as it only consists of one large island floating in space. However, this island is ten times bigger than all the land in Earth combined. So each empire may be equivalent to one earth or Pangaea.

Since each empire has vast territory and large populace, the wise rulers aim for their borders to be secured and safe from invasion. They also aim to provide the masses with good resources and livelihood to prevent coup. On contrary, the dictators abuse their neighbors as well as their own subjects. Hence, skirmish and sometimes war are inevitable.

A month after welcoming a new year, the imperial palace is surrounded with gloomy aura. The Grand Marshal respectfully stands before His Majesty Yan Long as he narrates what he finds out from his spies stationed in the western border.

"The old king has gone senile," the emperor comments after hearing the report. The old king refers to the neighboring kingdom's ruler, Deng Yin - a ruthless and greedy old man. The year Yan Long ascended the throne, the old coot thought it was a good idea to invade the Yan empire. Really a case of a snake masquerading as a dragon. The then General Hou Ru personally quelled the foreign invasion and even left a souvenir mark on Deng Yin's face.

 The then General Hou Ru personally quelled the foreign invasion and even left a souvenir mark on Deng Yin's face

(Emperor Yan Long)

"How about sending Unit Commander Hou Ru to deal with this? Zhen thinks it is beneath him but," the emperor smirks as he continues. "Just imagining Deng Yin's old wounds throbbing from seeing Ru-ru is making me giddy."

This mischievous brat. The Grand Marshal, Hou Xuefeng, coughs to remind the son of heaven to behave. This is an important matter, ah! "Your Majesty, the unit commander is busy with other more troubling matters. This servant suggests that His Majesty send General Su to the western border."

One shapely brow twitche. "Alright, Zhen agrees to that."

The Grand Marshal leaves and goes straight to the Military Headquarter and summons General Su as well as his son. He briefs them about King Deng Yin's plan of breaching the western territory.

An upright and no nonsense man, Hou Ru believes that the invasion this time seems devious. He makes an eye contact with his father for three seconds before calming down.

General Su salutes the two men who look alike and exits the room. He has to prepare his battalion and must head out of the capital as soon as possible.

"Father, what do you think?" Hou Ru asks once there are only the two of them in the room.

The older man rubs his graying beard as he stares unseeingly at the scroll withholding the report. "The emperor thinks that this is a diversion. I believe that might be the case."

Hou Ru clucks his tongue. He walks to the map laid out on the table and studies the different places surrounding the Yan empire. "Just what is their target then?" His pair of amber eyes zeroes in on a certain place. His heart rate suddenly picks up. "Father, I have an idea of their real objective now." Saying so, he points to a small southern country under the jurisdiction of Yan Empire. Hou Xuefeng stiffens and slams his fist on the table.