Chapter 6

Wei Xiaolong doesn't know if he should laugh or cry. Since waking up, the beautiful creature has clung to his neck and never let go, sharp claws tightly digging in his expensive suit. "Love, I need to go to work. Can you let go now?" The cat growls his refusal. Shaking his head, he fondly rubs the back of Baby's head. "You want to come with me?"

Ony doe eyes blink. Meng! "Meow~" The folded-ear cat nuzzles his face in confirmation.

Wei Xiaolong throws in the towel. He just can't win when being stared by those eyes that seem to contain the universe. Ah, Xiaolong, look at you. So fond of a cat.

One tall, dark, handsome man in dark gray suit with an equally adorable white furry creature in his arms, walks confidently inside Z Tech Industry. Nobody dares to obstruct his way for he is the CEO. However, today, the people scattered in the lobby can't help but do a double take. Mr. Wei has come to work with a kitten! This image is... mind-blowing! But not one person takes out their phone to immortalize the scene.

Wei Xiaolong rides the private elevator towards his office in the top floor. The door dings open and he is greeted by his assistants. Carrying the feline creature like a treasure, he makes his way to a closed metal door. Swiping his access card, the door slides open to reveal a spacious and well-organized room. The well-behave cat wants to get down so Wei Xiaolong deposits him on a black leather sofa.

Li Ming observes Wei Xiaolong's office. So clean and neat. Can't even see a speck of dust. "Love, I have to do some work. If you need anything, come to me, alright?" comes from the gorgeous man.

"Got it, handsome."

While the CEO busies himself with highly confident documents, Li Ming tours the office while inwardly talking to Xiao Hong. "Where is Song Xin?"

[The spy is currently stationed in her department.]

Song Xin, a twenty-five year old woman, has entered the company a year ago. She portrays a petite lady with an amiable personality and warm temperament which quickly gains the trust of her coworkers. In the original timeline, she seduced one of the personels in the R&D Department. With sweet words and a romp in bed, she coaxed the personel in giving her a recommendation to join the R&D group. They evaluated her and she passed with flying colors. She quickly integrated with the team while quietly infecting the main computer with a virus. All those important data were transfered to her home computer without anyone's knowledge.

Li Ming's eyes gleam dangerously. Since the timeline is messed up, Song Xin has yet to bed the man. She can only directly approach the man inside the R&D department and sneakily shoves a USB containing the virus to a port on the computer. It's tacky but it works. However... Li Ming smirks. He will never let this woman off.

Time ticks by. Wei Xiaolong is engrossed with work and has almost missed lunch. He can skip it but not his love. He is about to call one of his assistants when the door suddenly slides open, an assistant bearing lunch box walks in. A flash of white escapes the room. "Shit," curses the CEO.

Wei Xiaolong hurriedly takes off after Baby, not before shooting the assistant a death glare. He sees the mischievous cat inside the elevator. The CEO curses a second time and rans as fast as he can. If something were to happen to this creature... He stops the thought. Uncaring of his position in the company, he dives inside the slowly closing elevator.

A dinng sound is heard in the compartment. "Meow~"

Wei Xiaolong looks at those bright and not-so-innocent eyes. He just gets in time. "Naughty."

The cat circles around him before flicking his tail on his face. Wei Xiaolong laughs heartily. Only this cat dares to play with him. He gets up from the floor and finally notices that the elevator is going down. Well, might as well eat in the dining floor.