Chapter 4

When Xu Jun and Li Ming get home, it's already past nine in the evening. The actor takes a shower, leaving the cat to his own devices. Li Ming plops down the leather sofa and reviews all that happened today. Xu Jun has an older brother called Wei Xiaolong who is five years older than him. Both share the same father. As Li Ming thought, Xu Jun was born from a mistress and the Xu was from his mother. He isn't clear about Xu Jun's childhood for him to be this timid. However, what happened today proves that the two half-brothers aren't exactly in bad terms and may now be heading to a more positive relationship. Li Ming plans for Xu Jun to hug a big thigh, specifically, Wei Xiaolong's. Such a powerful and rich man, if he doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, then their ending can only be called tragic. In the original trajectory of the world, this body his occupying right now will be tortured to death. Li Ming may be indifferent to death but he is adverse to pain.

[Master! Master! I am back] an annoying voice pops in his head.

"Xiao Hong? So you still knows how to come back? Where have you been the whole day?" fires Li Ming.

[Master, please don't get mad. I went to check things with the management but they say everything in this world is normal. There might have been a small glitch during the transfer so you were put in the wrong body. I asked if they can transfer your soul to the right host and they said negative. So the task you have to complete is still the same but the difficulty is raised higher. The admin told me if you succeed, you will receive more points and a bonus, and if you fail, you don't get any deduction or punishment.]

Tsk. "The information you provided me is too short. I need everything you know about Xu Jun, his background, his interests, and all the works he has done. Also, give me Wei Xiaolong's data."

[Yes, Master!]

An influx of data floods Li Ming's head. Xu Jun and his mother lived a frugal life in the countryside. The year he turned five, his mother was diagnosed with terminal illness and soon passed away. He was passed around his relatives like an unwanted child until he turned seven when his birth father found him. Xu Jun thought he found home but was brought in a prison instead. His father treated him like an eyesore but still ordered him to succeed in everything - be it in studies, etiquette, piano lessons, or business, as if it was given. For a decade he was abused, verbally and psychologically. His half-brother didn't really bully him but was rather indifferent to him. When the father died of aneurysm, Xu Jun without hesitation packed up his bag and enrolled in an acting academy. Wei Xiaolong had no time to bother with him as everything fell into his hands. He had to take care of the company and all the mess his deceased father had left behind. After a year, Xu Jun finished studying in a prestigious acting academy and Wei Xiaolong finally stabilized the company.

Xu Jun was forcibly taken back to the place he never wanted to set foot again. His brother told him to stop his nonsense and work in the company instead. Xu Jun felt so hurt and disappointed. He thought he was finally free but here he was again, trapped and feeling useless. Wei Xiaolong, seeing his only blood-relative's timid and dispirited state, felt frustrated with him. He repeatedly asked him if he would choose playing actor or working in the company. Xu Jun vehemently chose to continue acting. In a fit of anger, the older of the two told the younger to leave the house and to never come back again. Xu Jun ran away in an instant and used all the money he saved to buy a house and car in the city. He left his inheritance untouched. After a few months, he debuted as a rookie actor. For three years in the entertainment industry, he performed in two low-budget movies, got minor roles in some drama series, guessed in variety shows, and had his picture taken for some third-tier and second-tier fashion magazines. Overall, it is not a bad outcome. His downfall starts with an innocent post in his microblog. It isn't even malicious, or intentional. It's an honest review about the male lead's lacking performance compared to the supporting lead actor. Yes, that male lead is the protagonist's boyfriend, Li Jie.