MMMBF 16

ME,MY MOM AND HER BESTFRIEND|by Robin

16

#MMMBF16

Of all things,I hate being observed,I hate being under one's scrutiny.And Mr. and Mrs. Eugenio were one tough pair.

"You're saying that you left home without your grandparents knowing?"

I gulped at the way Mr. Eugenio questioned me. "Yes sir." I almost couldn't breathe.Nasa harap ko silang tatlo at parang hindi ako makatingin sa pare-parehong pagtingin nila sa akin na parang may napakasama akong ginawa.

"How about your mom? Does she know?" It's Mrs. Eugenio.

Yumuko ako at umiling.

Hindi ko na kayang makita ang mga reaksyon nila.I can't stand another set of disappointment.I'm having enough,I just wanted to have a place for a while to rest to think of the coming days.But if it's another trouble again,then I won't stay.

"What's happening to you?" Ang naninising tanong ni Bianca sa akin when we got to be alone in the room.Her parents probably discussing what to do with me.

I frowned at the way she question me.I expect her to be nosy but not this way. "Are you also mad at me?" I asked,annoyed.Specially at the way she sat accrossed me with same scrutinizing eyes like her parents,I expected her to back me up and not like this.

"No." Pero pagalit naman.

My eyes rolled.For a while we both paused and paid attention to the uniformed maid who was using the phone at the corner.

"Kuya Elmo nandyan ba si Danny?...pakisabi gumayak daw siya ngayon na...oo,ipapahatid kasi ni sir ang kaibigan ni ma'am Bianca sa kanila...."

I stiffened.Sabi ko na nga ba.

"Where are you going?"

Hindi ko pinansin si Bianca.I stood up and took my bag.They can't force me to go back.Not now.I'm glad that Lolo was fine but it doesn't mean that I'm forgiven.

"Dean!"

Naghabulan kami ni Biancs hanggang sa pinto.Tumigil lang ako at hinintay siyang makahabol dahil naalala kong may kailangan ako. "Do you have cash?I'll pay you once I got my wallet."

Her face strickened. "Dean,what are you really doing?" She asked with every word dented with fear and confusion.

"Fine." Sinubukan ko siyang talikuran.

"Wait here,you crazy." Inis na sabi niya and ran to the stairs.

.....

I left Bianca's house at seven PM.Ten before eight ay nandito pa din ako sa loob ng 7-eleven.I feel full kahit hindi ko naman naubos ang instant noodle na binili ko.Nakatingin lang ako doon at pagod na nag-iisip.Suddenly I feel alone and missing.I miss Mom.Tawagan ko kaya siya? Tatanungin ko lang kung kumusta na siya? Surely,galit na galit na yon ngayon.

I sighed,my breathing was shaking.I used my arm to rubbed away the moist in my eyes.Saka ako bumalik sa pagkain.

Thirty minutes more and I found myself reading a text message from the same unknown number that's been calling me hours ago.By the way he texted me I knew it already that it's Theo.