Chapter 2

Alessa's PO

I take off my heels as I sat down on my couch, my toes and sole were sore and aching wearing them all day, it is like punishing myself. But I need to wear them, it is required on my job to wear at least one inches heels.

I feel exhausted, Juliene my colleague has started her maternity leave since last week, and I was the one who replace in her absence. I have my schedule in the morning news and I have to deliver the night news.

I look at my wristwatch, it is already quarter to eleven in the evening, I stretched my body laying down on the couch, I felt relief. I glance at the wall, I ve been living in this apartment for almost two years now, it has one bedroom, one toilet, small kitchen, and living room. It was painted of the combination of white and brown. I was planning to move into a bigger place but I realize that this apartment is enough and affordable for me. I need to save money to find my mother, my real mother.

I always paid a visit to Spence Orphans Foundation in Boston a place where I was found by my adoptive parents six years ago, it is also the place where I grew up and learned a lot of things. In 17 years of living in the foundation, everybody in Spence Orphans are my family, and after I left, I always find time to visit them and bring something that can make them happy. And after visiting two months ago, I found out that my biological mother is still alive and in my own investigation she is living in Thailand.

I was legally adopted but I asked my adoptive parents not to change my last name, and I am very thankful that they were very supportive. They welcome me in the family and treat me like their own, they provided me everything that I needed, from my clothes, food and they wanted to give me a lavish 18th birthday party in the hotel they owned but I turned it down, and instead I asked them to celebrate it to my Spence Orphans family. I was very happy that they allow me to do the things that I wanted to do.

I am so lucky to have them as my new parents, they send me to one of the best university here in New York and let me took Journalism because it is my one way of finding my real parents. And they deposited money in my bank account as my allowance for my daily needs after I left on their house, but I opted not to touch the money. I worked as a part timer in a coffee shop during  the night, and study during day. After finishing my studies, they provided me a job to their company but I refused to accept. Im sure Raphael would eat me alive. He hates me very much. He cant stand with me in his parents house, how much more seeing me working the company he manage everyday.

I was turning eighteen years old when his parents adopted me, and Raphael was already twenty three years old. I remember him wearing a motor racing red costume with a red helmet on his left hand that day, he look so dashing, gorgeous and attractive but his blue eyes were cold and impassive.

"Raphael, its good to catch you in time, I want you to meet Alessa, and from now on she will live in this house with us." I remember his father introduce me to him.

Distaste is obvious on his eyes though he never look at me, not even a glance.

"I have to go to my motor racing event. I need to be there in an hour." I remember him saying as a response on his father.

Since day one of living on their house Raphael has a disinclination treatment towards me. I cant remember him being good to me, he was cold, ruthless, arrogant and very insulting, especially when his parents were not around and that means most of the time, because his parents were always away for a vacation. He ordered me not go out in my room whenever he is home, he don't want to see my face, he calls me names, bastard, bitch, and whore. I don't know why he hated me so much. And it was an open secret to his parents. They asked me to understand him which I agree.

There was a time that I was alone in the big house, Raphael went for his motor racing event, his parents were in Paris having a two weeks vacation. Sylvia and Tiffany the housemaids were at the food shopping. I was in the library sitting comfortably in the large navy blue lounge chair reading a book. One thing I like living here in the DeVizzini was that they have a very huge library, and where I spent most of my time after helping the household chores like watering the plants, helping our head cook in the kitchen, and cleaning rooms.

I was reading The Playboy's Offer in paperback when I received a call from Sylvia, asking me a favor to get Raphael's laundry and put it in the washing area. I was skeptical at first but since Raphael is away, I don't see any problem with it. I walked up to the second floor where Raphael's room located, his room was very far from mine. I slowly open door and his good cool smell filled my nose. This is my first time to enter his room, I wander my eyes to his room, it was very huge, it was painted with brown and oak.

His pictures of motorsports racing were on the wall, his books and cd's were disorganize, I took time to arrange them, I also piled his pillow near the headrest  and fix his bed cover

His pictures of motorsports racing were on the wall, his books and cd's were disorganize, I took time to arrange them, I also piled his pillow near the headrest  and fix his bed cover. I searched for the laundry basket and found them near his closet that was left open, I bowed down to picked the laundry basket when I heard footsteps approaching Raphael's room and I saw his door swung open and I saw Raphael entered his room but he didnt see me, he was busy kissing the blonde girl on his arms. I was alarmed, Raphael must not see me inside his room. I panicked and I immediately crawled inside his closet and hide through his hung clothes. I slowly reached the closet door to close so I could hide my body. I could still see them enjoying their kiss through the air vent of the closet door.

***Please comment and vote