Chapter 7

Alessa's POV

My first two days at DeVizzini Empire was even and easy. In the morning on my first day, the Human Resource Staff introduced me to the Managers and Supervisors of each department in the conference room and I can feel their heart warming welcome. One of them was Nataniel Park.

Nataniel Park, was Raphael's assistant, he was the one who trained me, he explained and guided me in everything and he told me not to hesitate to ask him if I have questions.

Nataniel was half American and half Korean. He was tall about 5'11", white skinned, with a jet black hair and he have a beautiful dark brown eyes, he has a proud nose, and he kept on smiling that shows his dimple on his left cheek, he was very charming. I have very light feeling for him, he was about at my age and I see him like a brother that I never had.

My office table was located beside him so it was very easy for me to ask him if I have question. Our floor has two department COO's office and Accounting department it was divided with thick maple brown wall. The COO Office includes Raphael, Nataniel, and me. Since Raphael was away for two days for a business trip in Florence Italy, its only the two of us in our area. Raphael's office was walled with glass and our table was located outside.

I got the chance to know better with Nataniel, he was very funny and I found out he had a huge crush on Demi Anderson our Marketing Manager. But unfortunately Demi has already have a boyfriend.

My first and second day went smoothly, but when Raphael has arrived from Italy on the third day, it was totally different. There was a tension in the entire building especially in our area. He began calling Nataniel every now and then.

It was eleven in the morning when Nataniel showed me two big boxes filled with documents.

"Mr. DeVizzini told me to ask you to scan these documents and print three copies each." He said with with a confusions on his face.

"Sure." I look at the two boxes that he put beside my table, I smiled at him.

"I don't understand why Mr. DeVizzini wants you to do that, we have have our Photocopy and Scanning Personnel downstairs. And what confused me, he told me that you have to finish that today." He stated with his eyes narrowed with perplex. 

"It's okay. Its very easy." I said reaching the first box and carry them to scanner.

"But dont worry Ill help you as soon Im done on Mr DeVizzini's order." He sincerely said.

"Alright. Thank you." I replied with a smile. Then I started scanning.

He was going to say something when Raphael called his name again. He smiled and make a hand signal that he will go to Raphael's office.

Staring at the two big boxes makes me wonder how to finish them scanning and printing in a day. Its impossible.

I was so engrossed on scanning the documents when Nataniel came beside me. I rose my head to look at him.

"It's lunch time, where do you want to eat this time." He ask while his eyes roamed into my face.

We had lunch together for the past two days, this building have a canteen but on my first day he treat me in the nearest fast food with Demi and yesterday was our Accounting Manager's birthday his wife brought tons of food that served our lunch.

"So?" His voice brought my mind into the present.

"I think I willl skip my lunch today, you know I need to finish all of these." I replied, pouting my lips pointing the boxes that contained documents that I need to scan and print.

"I will help you to finish that today, okay? Come on lets have lunch at the canteen." He said while pulling my arms towards the door. I smiled, I know he wants me to be there, so he can invite Demi like without malice. I grabbed my wallet and make our exit.

It was four in the afternoon when I finished the first box. Raphael kept calling Nataniel everytime he tried to help me. I can sense that Raphael wanted me to suffer, just like before, but I will never give him a satisfaction. I did my job calmly and with a very light mood.

It was seven in the evening when Raphael saw Nataniel helping me, I was printing the documents three copies each while Nataniel was scanning.

"Nataniel." Raphael voice echoed in the whole floor.

"Yes Sir?" Nataniel stood up looking at his way.

"You can go home." Raphael commanded.

"I will just help Alessa on scanning these document Sir." Nataniel replied.

I was busy printing the documents but on my peripheral vision, I saw Raphael on his office suit with a frigid emotion on his face.

"You go home Nataniel. Ms. Armenti can do it alone." He said in his baritone voice.

"But Sir-"

"I insist!" Raphael cut Nataniel's off.

Nataniel look at me with pity, confusions on his eyes.

"I'll be okay. You can home." I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, of course." I gave him an assuring smile.

"Give me call when you are done here. I will take you home." He replied.

"I will just take a cab."

"Please, it is the only thing that I know to feel myself better, leaving you here, with these." He said staring the box half emptied with documents.

"Okay. I will call you." I smiled, he gave me his number on my first day.

Nataniel reached his bag and make his way to the elevator. And I saw Raphael followed him.

It was past nine when I finish the second box. The entire floor was so quiet except for the printer sound. And I was starving, I was alone, I was sleepy, I know Raphael planned all this. He wanted me to suffer. I feel mad at him. He never changed. A man like him is impossible to change. I will never give him a satisfaction. I am now bolder and fiercer.

I never get a chance to to fix myself before going out to the office, I was in a hurry, I turned off the machines, I wanted to go out as soon as possible, I used to be alone at home but in Raphael office was different, and creepy I can feel that somebody was watching me. I was half running and half walking to my exit while dialling Nataniel's number.

When I reach the ground floor, Nataniel's car was already there, he opened the passengers seat for me.

"Didn't you go home?" I asked him as he settled himself on the driver seat.

"Nope." He replied with a very wide smile painted on his lips. His eyes grew smaller.

"Why are you smiling like that?"  I asked while he was fastening my seatbelt.

"Demi and I had a dinner together." He gave me a priceless smile.

"Woah! The reason behind that smile." I stated as he started the car's ignition.

"Yeah, and because Im happy, I will treat you dinner." He replied while he starts driving.

"You better be, I'm starving." I joked and he laughed.

*Please vote and comment