Chapter 14

Unedited

Alessa POV

I felt comfortable and relax when the warm water splashed into my body, after I took Luigi's call last night, sleeping was next to impossible, my mind was blown and overflowed with so many questions, I was confused why Luigi knew my biological mother, why he knew me, where did he got my number, what does he know about my mom,what are their relation to each other, why he wanted to talk to me? And no matter how I was trying to figure out the answer, I cant think of any. I sighed in dismay.

I put some shampoo in my hair and soap my body, and when I was done, I rinsed immediately. I grabbed my white towel, tapped it to my skin to dry and went to my closet. It is already seven in the morning, Luigi will arrive anytime now. I put my underwear on and hurriedly chose the stripe stretchable short sleeve below the knee dress, I dried and comb my hair and didnt bother to put any make up.

I made some coffee and settled myself in the kitchen. After a while I heard a knock on my door. I was quiet sure that it was Luigi Alfonsi. My heart pounds faster, for an unknown reasons, I felt a rare excitement within me to see him, I quickly made my way to the door and took a deep breathe before I slowly turn the knob to open. The sun rays greeted my eyes, causing my iris to adjust the blinding sunlight, the wind is calm but good scent filled in my nose, then a silhouette movement of a tall figure occupied my doorway. He looked fresh and clean wearing his business suit with his hands on his side. He was lean and still look vigorously handsome despite of the visible white hairs on his head. He has a few wrinkle lines on his forehead, his broad eyebrows shows calmness, his deep set of eyes were hazel brown, then I noticed the tears on each side while he was looking back to me.

"Hi Sir! Luigi Alfonsi I suppose? Please come in." I said awkwardly, smiling at him. He looked with high spirit but I was derailed why he had tears on his eyes.

I open the door widely to give him space, but he didn't move for a second, then slowly he took one step towards me then he gave me tight embrace and kissed my forehead, he was whimpering while he enclose his arms around me.

"I have no doubt, you are my daughter. Im so sorry princess." He said on his voice shaken.

I was lost of his words, I dumbfounded for a moment. But there was an urged inside of me to wrapped my hands around his waist.

"I finally meet you my baby. Im sorry if dad took so long to be with you." He said in between on his sob. I was still in the stage of astonishment of his declaration. I was still processing things in my mind, I have so many questions to ask him but I cant think any of them. I know I shouldn't put my trust to the people I just met, I should be in doubt, but I felt this man not a stranger to me, I felt like I found the one of the two big missing puzzle piece to complete my life. We were in that situation for a moment. And I felt sheltered under his arms, I never noticed the single tear fall down to my cheek.

"I thought I will not see you." His voice shivers. He kissed my head one more time before he let me go of his arms. I cant find the words to say. I just feel so light and happy. I hold his hands and dragged him inside the house.

"Do you like some coffee?" Funny but it was the first questions popped up into my mind.

"Yes! Thank you." He replied, smiling.

I made my way to the coffee maker and made another cup for him. After a while, I hand him his coffee. I sat across him. I saw him sipped his coffee and put in the table.

"Your eyes reminds me of Celeste." He started. My heart paced doubled upon hearing my mothers name.

"Please tell me about her." I said, eager to hear his response. I saw him taking a deep breath.

"Celeste is my friend, I met her 21 years ago in Invictus, a well known bar in Chicago, she was working there as a bartender." He paused.

I kept looking at him waiting for more details.

"She was a good friend, I was 5 years older than her, she was supposed to get married but his fiancé took off the wedding and married someone else, she was very heart-broken, in anguished and shattered, I felt sorry for her, and as a friend I wanted to be there on her dark moment, I accompanied her that night on her apartment, we drank together, she was crying on her predicament and I was there to give her comfort, but unexpectedly there was something happened between us. I know she was very vulnerable that time, and I was drunk and we didn't able to fight the temptation.

I was already married and have two sons, she told me that we should forget what happened, and we should avoid each other as much as possible, but two months later I received an email from her, saying that she was pregnant and I was the father, I was skeptical, a part of me believed that she was telling me the truth, but I chose not to believe her, I have my family, I want to be a good example of my sons, I was coward of my infidelity, so I told her that the baby was not mine, that,
it was her fiance who made her pregnant, but she insisted. I was scared for my marriage, for my wife, for my two sons.

"She was asking me to accept the baby, that she was not after money. But I told her to stop ruining life, to stop messing up with my family. I know, I caused her pain, but I have to chose my family.

"Before my wife died, I told her everything, she told me that she already knew everything, and said that I was forgiven, she told me to find my child with Celeste, and should provide everything that my child deserve.

"After my wife died, I tried to find you, I hired detectives to find Celeste, and I found out that she was living in Thailand, I flew to Thailand, to talk to her but she was avoiding me, I tried to asked her about you, but she didn't give me any details. Maybe she was still upset of me. I came back to White Plains empty handed.

"And last week, I accidentally saw you in tv, you have the same eyes with Celeste, but believe me, my mother looks really like you when she was about your age, and when you mentioned your last name, I knew right that moment that I found my child." He said with sincerity. He reached his pocket and got something.

"Look at this, this locket necklace belongs to my mother, she died two decades ago and I think this belongs to you now. Open it, and see it for yourself, so that somehow I can convince you that I am really your father." He said while opening the antique brass heart shaped locket necklace and showed me the picture inside.

It may be a small black and white picture, but yes the woman has the same features I have.

"Come here princess." He said opening his arms.

I came closer and I sat on his lap just like a little girl. He put the necklace around my neck, and embrace me. My tears speaks how happy I felt that moment.

"I want to see mom." I said.

"We will fly to Thailand soon to see her baby, and hopefully everything will be fine." He said running his hand above my head. I felt warm.

We are still cuddling each other when suddenly the door barge open, we both look at door.

"Stay.Away.From.Her!" Raphael loud voice echoed my apartment.

***
Finally! So sorry for the late update, please hit vote, share and comment.