Chapter 22

Unedited

Alessa's POV

"Buongiorno Signorina Alessa! I am Gianni Luca, I am the executive assistant on this hotel, as our VIP guest I would like to personally escort you to our restaurant for your complimentary meal." A man behind the door speaks on his very Italian accent as I came into his sight. He put on a very warm and accommodating smile on his face. On my assessment the man was on his early forties. He was tall and skinny, his wavy hair was divided into two that made his few grey hair strands visible. His face shows strong Italian masculine features.

"This hotel has the best Italian food here in the country. I would be very happy if you allow me to guide you to our restaurant on the ground floor Signorina." He added, still wearing his smile.

I smiled back looking at him.

"Yes, I'd love to, just kindly give me a minute, I will just have to get my things, I will leave the hotel after eating my meal." I replied.

"Of course! Take your time Signorina."  He replied, clasping his hands together.

In a very short span of time, I quickly grab my shoulder bag and small luggage. I made sure that I have all my things with me before I made my way back to the door where Gianni was waiting for me.

"I'm here!" I said lively as I arrived on the doorway. He was beaming while eyeing my luggage on my right hand.

"May I carry your luggage Signorina?" He asked politely.

"Thank you." I smiled and hand over him my luggage. I followed him as he guided me to the elevator.

"Sir Gianni, do you have any place to recommend for me to visit here in Verona?" I asked after few seconds of silence while we are inside of the elevator going down to the ground floor. It is only the two of us inside the lift.

"Yes Signorina, the Casa di Giulietta or the Juliet's house is a very nice place to visit, it is a gothic style 1300s house and museum with a stone balcony, it is said to have inspired Shakespeare. It is less than an hour of travel taking a cab from here or you can take a train for over an hour or bus, but I would recommend you to take a cab, it would be more convenient and easy." He answered looking at my reflection on the whole body mirror installed on the lift entrance.

"Oh! That sounds great. I will consider the Juliet House." I replied with anticipation, I watched Romeo and Juliet opera with Raphael's parents when I was nineteen years old. It was truly memorable, since it was my first time to watch a play inside in a huge opera house in New York. I enjoyed the whole play though it has a very tragic ending.

"You can also visit the Lake Garda, it is the largest lake in Italy. It is halfway between Brescia and Verona and Milan on the edge of Dolomites. It is a popular holiday location in northern part of Italy. If you love water then I would absolutely recommend Lake Garda. We also have Medieval Architectures, and Churches."   Gianni continue cutting on my thought, still staring at me in the mirror. The way he speak was very entertaining.

I smile and nod while listening to him attentively.

I was about to ask him how many hours to take if I'm going to travel from The Juliet House to Lake Garda but I was interrupted when the elevator stopped, an indication that somebody has to join us inside, the door slide open and a couple that was sharing a sweltering kiss came into our sight, they are too enthralled to each other and careless on what is happening around them. I looked away, I used to see a lot of couple kissing and cuddling each other in New York, it was not a new to me so I diverted my attention and moved backward to make a room for the newcomers.

"Ehem!" Gianni cleared his throat maybe his simple method to break off the kiss. I smiled on his simple scheme.

"Buongiorno Signorina Vivienne, Signore Raphael."

Raphael.

My blood immediately nimbled as I heard of his name. It could not be the same Raphael I know, just a pure coincidence, having the same name but entirely different person. I lazily followed Gianni's eyes direction and look at the man in front of us. My eyes grew wider when I realized that it was really him, it was really Raphael, my stepbrother whom I made sex last night, the man who paid me one million dollars over a one night stand.

I was fuming with jealousy when their hot kiss replayed on my mind, I felt a massive pain on my chest, I felt insulted and humiliated. I know from the start that it was Raphael's nature to jump off the bed from one to another but this time he goes beyond more than I expected. And it hurts a lot.

I took a deep breathe as I composed myself and regain my vitality. I should not get affected. I'm done crying it out.

He was drunk and it was just a one night stand. I told to myself as I gather all my strength to stand as if I don't feel the agony in my heart.

He looked at me, and our gaze was locked for a moment, his eyes were blank and cold. His face has no any single sign that he remembered that something happened between us last night. I avoided his eyes and pretended that I do not see him.

I look at the woman beside him she is on her business suit, she look so stunning on her red doubled breasted wool skirt that fitted perfectly on her slender waist. She was an overall Raphael kind of a woman. She was taller than me, have a beautiful face, perfect body and has a shiny shoulder length blonde hair that makes her more alluring and attractive, she has a deep set eyes that was full of expression, her attention were all thrown to Raphael.

Vivienne and Raphael stood in front of us. I stayed silent and observed the two of them secretly. Raphael was on his grey plaid business three piece suit. I don't have to wonder where he changed his clothes. I looked down.

On Vivienne's room.

"I am so happy that you extended your stay here Raphael or I might fly to New York with you." Vivienne's sweet voice echoed inside the elevator without minding us hearing her words. They are holding their hands together. Their simple gesture makes my heart bleed.

"Is this your first time here in Verona Signorina Alessa?" I was caught off guard when I heard Gianni asking me.

I turned my head look at him.

"Yes! It is my first time." I said softly, giving him a genuine smile.

Thanks to Gianni, his presence turned aside my ill feeling. He continue suggesting places to visit, the half part of me was listening and the other half wasn't. Watching Raphael with other woman was tormenting, it makes me weak and suffocated.

It was longest ride I ever had.

***
Yehey! I have kept my promise to update on or before valentines. It was a very fulfilling feeling indeed. I saw a lot of flowers on the side walk, teddy bears from small to large, seems like love is in the air. Haisst,! I used to celebrate my valentines reading pocketbooks when I was a teenager since I was not allowed to have a boyfriend, in other words I don't have a date, lol. I could still remember that I was saving money to buy my own teddy bear, a valentines gift for myself, sounds funny right, lol. Happy reading guys, thank you so much, please vote and please do comment, you guys really makes me keep going. Happy hearts day💕🤗