Chapter 27

Unedited

Raphael's POV

"Holy cow!" I muttered under my breath.

It's already past ten in the evening but her apartment has no single trace that she has arrived.

"Where is she now?" Nataniel said that she will be arriving at seven in the evening and I was waiting for her since six at her apartment. I dialed her number but she wasn't answering, she always rejected my call.

I leaned my head on the headrest on my car seat with my both hands holding tight on the steering wheel out of annoyance, then I raked my hands on my hair and sigh in despair.

It's been four days since she left at Verona and I flew to New York on the next day, I was supposedly extend my stay at Hotel Fierra but I decided to follow Alessa here in New York. I dont know what pushed me to go after her. I was angry but I felt bothered when Gianni told me that she was on her way to Juliets House. How could she wander a place she have never been before alone?

In exasperation, I dialled Antoine's number, and he immediately answer.

"I told you to fetch Alessa and bring her to New York." I said, emphazising each word. I was trying to control my temper.

"Yes I did call her. I said that I will be fetching her in an hour but she declined, I insisted but still she refused and told me that she wanted to explore Verona and will just take a commercial flight on going back home the day after tomorrow." He said calmly on his long reply.

Right after I ended my call with Antoine, I called Gianni to hire a bodyguard/detective to follow and watch Alessa on her destinations and I made sure to inform Gianni that it was not necessary to let her know about it.

Later that day, the hired bodyguard/detective sent me of Alessa's pictures on my Viber, it was a photograph where she was in the front of a stone balcony of the Juliet's House, she was smiling having a peace sign looking at her phone, taking a selfie. I was staring at her picture intently, she looked happy, then I felt like there was something that hits hard inside me. Seeing her acting as if nothing happened between us on the previous day makes me feel more agitated. The way she behaved while we coincidentally met in the elevator, was pissing me off, she acted like we never knew each other, I know that she saw me and Vivienne sharing a kiss but those scene doesn't moved her a bit, she was unaffected, and that makes me hate her more.

When I arrived in New York I went straight to my office, and I was expecting to see Alessa, but her table was empty, then I realized that I terminated her the night before we went to Verona. I heard Nataniel greeted me, and I gave him a hand signal to follow me inside my office and which he did.

"Nataniel, you call Miss Armenti to report here in the office right now." I ordered while I took off my suit jacket before taking my seat.

"Yes Sir!" He replied and stormed out in my office.

I close my eyes and put my fingers on my temple. I was edgy and restless since she left at Hotel Fierra, and I was anxious when the bodyguard/detective informed me that she check out on the hotel she was staying in the middle of night and rode a taxi to the airport. She was so unpredictable.