Wendy (Red Velvet)

Genre: angst!!!1!

➵ Requested: yeAh

➵ Warnings: none?¿, but writing angst really breaks my heart

➵ Title: Almost

(hey i made this edit?¿ probably gonna make more for the next chapters)

*********

"hey y/n, can we talk for a moment?" you look up and your gaze meets with a pair of eyes you know all too well. wendy starts to smile as you nod slightly, folowing her outside.
it was new years eve and the two of you hadn't spoken in almost a year and four months.

wendy takes a seat on a bench right outside the front door and motions to you to sit next to her. but you stand, putting your shaking hands behind your back so she doesn't know how nervous you are.

"i'm happy you're eating better. you look healthy." you're the first to speak up, staring down, at the wooden porch floor.

"so, jennie told you what happened, i'm sorry. i should have told you myself but-"

"it's fine, you're better now. that's all that matters" you sniffle, now looking at wendy.

"so, you're with irene now? it's good that you didn't, you know⏤ wait around for me" seungwan breathed out, nervously fiddling her fingers around in her lap.

"but i did, for months. had so many chances to talk to me and-" your voice cracks, a rush of emptiness takes over your chest.

"i know, i'm sorry"

you finally find the strength to look at her, your chest aching as you take a step closer to her.
silence.
silence was eating away at your soul as both of you said nothing.

you felt so betrayed and angry, your heart sinking deeper into the pit of your stomach.

and after what feels like forever wendy finally looks up, tears trickling down her pale face.
"i was thinking about the night that i left,⏤we went to that one thai restaurant and all i could think about is how much i love you. i really wanted to say something, i dont know why i didn't"

hot tears drip down your smooth cheeks as seungwan stands up, wiping her face with her small delicate hands.

"but if i did," wendy sniffles, her gaze still at her thighs.
"would you have said it back?" she asks, now looking into your eyes

it was a simple question, really. she could have asked yeri, or seulgi, or even joy; they would have all told her the same answer. she could have even asked irene. but instead, she's asking you; alone on the porch of a new year's eve party. and even as you think about your girlfriend, someone who loves and supports you wholeheartedly; who is inside the house, chatting away, there is only one way to answer wendy's question.