Irene Pt.2 (Red Velvet)

Genre: fluff, angst?¿ (just a bit at the end)

➵ Requested: yesSS OMG Y'ALL WANTED A PART TWO HERE U GO

Warnings: none!!

Title: Hiraeth - (n.) a homesickness for a home you cannot return to, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past.

******

  Life after Joohyun was hard. The thought that even when you took your first breath, she had been already long dead kept you up at night.
Still, you were happy to have met the warm hearted merchant, even if it was for a little while.

  After waking up in the present (the future for Joohyun) going back to your day to day life wasn't easy. Your friends were worried that you spent too much time cooked up in the apartment that you never wanted to see again and your sibling never stopped calling you.
So, after two months of not leaving your abode you decided to get a job at the local record store. The job itself was easy, just sorting out CDs in alphabetical order, things like that. It payed well enough for you to get by and was quite enjoyable.

  Because the owner was never there, you were left to open up the store at ungoldy hours of the morning and close just before midnight. You would be surprised at how many teens actually came to the store on a daily basis.

  Today was different, hardly anyone came by the shop. You felt lonely to say the least, you missed reaching up to the top shelf to get that one emo band's new album or starting conversations with the parents of the children who were about to buy their first record player.
Your phone lit up, friend had just wished you a happy Valentine's Day.

How ironic.

  Today, you were left in your thoughts. Since waking up, silence made you angry. Any moment spent thinking about her, reminded you of how much you truly missed her.
Your mind wandered in all the corners of your brain as you mindlessly tapped the store's counter with your outgrown nails.

  You never believed in reincarnation. The possibility of someone being born again didn't make sense to you.
But you know what else didnt make sense? The fact that the woman you grew to love was standing right outside your new part time job.

  Her aura oozed sophistication as she eyed your dark red themed store. She was dressed awfully modern, her once dark straight hair was now curled and swiped behind pierced ears. Time stopped as she opened the tinted glass doors and walked in.

  You held your breath as the elegant woman swayed towards you, her gaze piercing your soul. "Hi," she read your nametag. "Y/N. Could you help me with finding a special CD?"

  The way your name rolled off her tongue made you shudder, after not hearing her honey-like voice for so long you didn't know how to react. The insides of your stomach twisted as you gulped another breath of air before responding.

  "Sure. What's the artist's name?" you tried to smile, blood rushing to your head. How on Earth was she in front of you?

  Joohyun reached into her velvet pocket and took out what seemed to be a crumpled piece of paper. "I'm not sure about the artist but, the song is called "One of these nights". Do you have it in stock?"

You almost choked, that was the song you told her about when you were staying at the merchant's mansion.
A chill ran down your spine before you replied, "Sure! Just wait a bit while I look through the back."

  All she did was nod before shoving the paper back into her deep velvet dress.
The walk to the storage room was dreadful, fingers shaking as you searched for the CD.
Your feet felt like jelly as you mustered the courage to go back to the counter and face Joohyun.

  There was no spark in her eyes as your fingers brushed against eachother whilst you gave her the record.

"How come you bought this CD?" you finally decided to ask.

"I dreamt about it" she confessed, her gaze now serious. You didnt reply, just looked at her and slightly smiled.

  Joohyun took the record and went straight to the door. But, as she was about to close it, she said.

"I just moved into the neighbourhood.. I'll see you around?"
You nodded, your heart feeling like it could burst.
"By the way," she continued. "I like your locket!" the girl pointed to the red necklace that started this whole ordeal.

  Just like that, she was gone, and you were left to wonder why Bae Joohyun showed up out of nowhere on Valentine's Day just to tell you she liked the cursed locket. At first, you thought it was just your mind playing tricks on you, there was no explanation for what happened in the store or even why it did.

All you knew was that after thinking that you would never see the merchant again, you did.

She saw you too, at least, but not in the same way she used to.

(a/n: hiii i need your help! i'm writing a goblin!au and i would like to know which member of blackpink or twice it should be about! tysm! just comment inline💓)

just comment inline💓)