Nayeon (Twice)

Genre: fluff, soulmate!au

➵ Requested: yess🤧

➵ Warnings: mild swearing and hair puns

Title: Dyeing to finally meet you

➵ Title: Dyeing to finally meet you

********

Your hair had gotten lighter last summer. It had been due to your holiday at the seaside - the sun got to your hair and over the space of a few days, it had turned one shade lighter.
You’d sat wondering, the week after you got back home, realising the change, if your soulmate would notice that her hair had gotten lighter, too. 

Soulmates had the exact same hair colour. Nobody really knew why, but even if someone artificially changed their hair colour, their soulmate’s would change too. Most people thought it was sweet. They’d wake up one morning a redhead. They’d be having lunch and someone would laugh and point out their hair going from bleach blonde to jet black. 

You, however, did not find it cute this time. 
“What the fuck?” You whispered to yourself, looking in the bathroom mirror at work at the hideous change in your hair.
You’d only been made aware of the change by your work friend Dahyun leaning across and nudging you, a smirk on her face as she tried not to laugh. 
“Hey, (Y/N), you might want to have a look at your hair.” 

You didn’t want to look at it any longer. You stared at your hair and instead of a chocolate brown, it was now white. That could’ve been alright, you supposed, if it wasn’t streaked pink and green. You worked in an office - what the hell was this? You were due in a meeting in a half hour, how could you walk in like this? 
“I’ll tie it up again. Maybe if I…” You started trying to put it in a bun, pulling white strands up and over to try and hide the bright colours, but to no avail. The pink and green was showing up whether you wanted it to or not. 
“Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck.” In half an hour, you had gotten nowhere. You resolved to digging around in your bag for a bucket hat and securing it around your head, it wasn’t professional - but neither was pink and green hair. 

Your boss was ten minutes late for the meeting, and for ten minutes, nobody said anything about the hat on your head. 
Those ten minutes went by too quickly. 
You boss walked in, her honey blonde hair bouncing round her shoulders -her soulmate clearly wasn’t an asshole - and the first thing she did was look at you. 
“Y/N, hats are against the dress code in meetings.” She said, as you felt your face get hot. 
“Are they, m’am?” You mumbled, slouching down in your chair and playing dumb. She threw you a murderous glance. 
“Yes, they are. Take it off.” The eyes of everyone in the meeting room were on you as you reached up and tugged the hat off your head, your new hair tumbling out. You could hear the stifled giggles and gasps of surprise, and when you looked at your boss, she was frowning even harder. “What in God’s name did you do to your hair?”
“I didn’t do anything!” You protested, sitting up, raising your voice. “It was my soulmate.”
She sighed, her arms crossed. “Call her and tell her to fix it then,”
She said, as if you were stupid for not thinking of it.
You made a face at her. 
“I haven’t found her yet.”
She pinched the bridge of her nose.