Thomas (35)

"Thomas, why can't I run with you? What's the big deal?" You asked

"Thomas, why can't I run with you? What's the big deal?" You asked. He leaned against the wall with you.

"Because I don't want you getting hurt, okay?" He said calmly. You frowned.

"I don't want you getting hurt, but you go running every day." You pouted.

"I get that. But I'd rather you stay here, okay? I don't want anything to happen to you." Thomas said, grabbing your hand.

"Please Thomas, but once? I want to see what's out there." You explained. Thomas licked his lips looking up at you.

"That's not what the deal was." He said, his eyes meeting yours before flitting away.

"Well can it be the deal? What if I make a good runner? How would you ever know if you keep me running circles inside the glade." You point out frustratedly.

"Because I don't want you getting hurt, okay? It's not that I don't think you're good enough. I just don't want both of us out there. I get hurt, I'm fine with that. You get hurt, I'll never live with myself knowing that I let you go out there, okay?" He said gently, holding your hand and running circles on the back of your palm with his thumb.

"I get it....it's fine." You sighed. "I'll stay in the glade." You stood up to go, ready to head back to the medjack hut.

"Wait.... " Thomas bit his lip. Maybe one day would be fine." He admitted. You smiled.

"Thanks Tommy." You said cheerfully, giving him a kiss on the cheek.