Newt (173)(kinda long)

Uh oh, Y/Ns scared of heights

Uh oh, Y/Ns scared of heights. Just a heads up if you are too
Also, let's talk about how all of them fall kinda gracefully...then there's Thomas

"Guys, What do we do?!" You said, feeling your heart beat faster in your chest as blood rushes towards your head.

"I don't know. Everyone stay calm, we'll work this out." Thomas said. You squeezed your eyes shut, breathing quickly.

"Y/N?" Newt asked next to you. You squeezed your eyes shut tighter, starting to panic.

"Y/N, calm down, everything's fine." He said, grabbing your hand.

"It's not Fine. We're gonna die....we're going to fall, and..." you paused, squeezing Newts hand as you started to hyperventilate.

"What's wrong with Y/N?" Minho called from a few people over.

"Um, Y/N has a fear of heights." Newt said, rubbing a circle on the back of your hand in an attempt to calm you down.

"Oh Shuck I forgot." Minho said. Newt nodded slowly, still holding onto your hand. You let out a sob, and Newt looked at you with concern.

"Hey, come on, Y/N, everything's fine. Just look at me, all right?" Newt said gently. You shook your head.

"You can open your eyes, love. Just don't look down, and everything will be alright." He said soothingly. You took a deep breath, trying to slow your breathing as you forced your eyes open. Newt smiled gently, his blonde hair hanging beneath his face as you were both suspended from the ceiling.

"Yeah, See. Everything's fine. I'm right here." He smiled. You reached out towards him when the ropes you were hanging from dropped a few feet. You screamed, squeezing your eyes shut again and tucking your arms to your chest. Shouts rang out among you from the other gladers, which only made things worse. You started to panic again as someone laughed.

"That's not shucking funny! Y/N has a fear of heights, You bloody bastard." Newt said, yelling at an unknown person.

"Well, it's a good thing I don't care." The man said, the ropes lowered again. You shrieked, starting to sob.

"Alright, asshole, just let Y/N down. You can keep the rest of us hanging here, but....Y/Ns terrified, man." Minho called.

"Jorge, let them go." A girls voice said.

"Awe, I'm just having some fun-"

"Now, Jorge. The poor things scared to death." The girl said, obviously referring to you.

"Fine." The man said grouchily, slowly lowering you to the ground. The second you hit the ground, you started to calm down, and Newt grabbed your hand.

"Hey, everything's okay now. Everything's fine." He said gently, pulling you to his chest. You cried against his hoodie. He was even shaking a bit.

"I got you. And i understand, I'm a little scared of heights too." Newt said quietly.

You and Newt stayed huddled there on the ground for a while, shaking and clinging to each other.