five

"I know it's not much, but this is our home." I said as I opened the door to the apartment.

"No, I love it. It's very you." She smiled, her eyes taking in the living room.

"Thank you?" I said with a questioning tone.

"No, it's not bad. I'm sorry. It's cozy and inviting." She spoke softly.

I smiled at her and closed the door behind me.

"Let me show you me and mama's room." Everly chimed, grabbing Dr. Baker's hand.

She wore a giant smile as my tiny human pulled her along. She looked back and her eyes sparkled. I smiled in return.

"It's a mess." I warned.

She laughed a little and Everly opened the door.

"This is my side of the bed," She spoke as she climbed on to the bed, then said "and that side is mama's, but you can sleep- uh- here." She looked on either side of her and patted the side of the bed opposite of my spot.

"Oh, I'm not-" Dr. Baker started to speak, but I interrupted.

"She's not sleeping here, baby. She has her own bed." I explained.

"You no sleepover?" She asked, sadly.

"It's okay, baby. I'm sure she would love to have a sleepover, but she's very busy." I sat on the bed, talking to my clearly disappointed daughter.

"Can you tuck me in at night night time, Mlivia?" Everly looked at Dr. Baker.

"I- uh-" She looked to me for her answer. I just watched her.

I didn't want to force her to do anything for my child.

"If you don't mind." She spoke to me.

"If you don't mind." I smiled.

"I can do that." She smiled at Everly.

"Yay!" Everly jumped up and walked toward her, reaching for her. When Dr. Baker approached her, Everly hugged her tightly.

---

"Anna isn't coming home tonight." I announced.

"Why not?" Dr. Baker sounded interested.

"She- uh- her friend asked her to have a sleepover." I smirked, eyeing Everly.

"Ah." Dr. Baker nodded, understanding what I meant.

I stood and grabbed the plates from the table.

Everly held her attention while talking.

I set the plates in the sink, then asked "Would you like some more wine?"

She didn't respond.

"Dr. Baker?" I called.

"Hm?" She quickly turned.

"Wine?" I asked, lifting the bottle of wine up.

"Oh, sure. You can call me Olivia or Via." She said as I neared her with the bottle.

"Via? That's different." I noted.

"There was another Olivia in my pre-school class, that was also Liv, so my parents decided to change it up." She smiled as she spoke.

"It's cute, I like it." I smiled as I poured her wine.

"Via?" Everly asked.

"Yes, sweets?" Olivia turned her head towards her.

"Want to watch Moana?" Everly grinned.

"Sure, I haven't ever seen it before." She nodded

"Really?" I asked.