twenty three

"Happy Thanksgiving, beautiful girl." Olivia spoke as she smoothed Everly's hair.
The past two days were so hard, but Olivia has really shown her intentions. She has taken care of Everly for the most part, while I've been sulking.
Today I need to be happy. Everly needs a happy memory of her first Thanksgiving with Olivia's family.
I smiled and pulled Everly to me.
"I love you, my baby." I whispered against her head as I kissed her hairline.
"I love-ooh." She cooed.
Lord, please make my heart right. I don't want to be sad. I have everything I could ever want right here, yet I can't seem to get my mind on track.
Olivia smiled at me and my stomach fluttered.
"Where's Nana?" Everly popped up and looked around.
"Probably in her room, baby, but don't go in there because remember Chance spent the night." I reminded her.
"I'm gonna go see Chancey." She jumped up and crawled over Olivia.
I shook my head and watched her exit the room.
"Happy Thanksgiving, beautiful." Olivia smiled at me.
"Happy Thanksgiving." I leaned forward and kissed her.
She held my face and kissed me a few more times.
How she finds me attractive enough to kiss in the morning without brushing my teeth is beyond me.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you." She kissed me.
"Go shower, stinky." She spanked my leg.
"Come with me." I stuck out my bottom lip.
"Fine." She rolled her eyes.
My insides erupted. She looked so good when she did that.
She kissed me one more time before standing up and stripping her shirt off of her body. Her now naked body moved with such elegance.
I bit my lip and stood on my knees.
"In the shower." She said lowly.
She walked into the bathroom and started the water.
I watched her body move, she shuffled through her hair, and wrapped a towel around herself, then I decided to go make sure Everly was content before following Olivia.
I walked out and saw her asleep on the couch with a cartoon playing. She is totally my kid. I smiled softly, kissed her head, then went back to the room.
I locked the bathroom door and stripped myself of the clothes that I had been changed into last night by Olivia. She really was responsible for the keeping of me and my kid. I was not in the headspace to keep myself alive, much less my child. What would I have done without her?
I opened the shower door and stepped in. Olivia was already wet from head to toe. She turned and pushed me into the water stream.
The shower was sensual. There was no sex. It was just very tender touching, little kisses, and hugging.
I felt my heart mend itself. I need to be better for Everly.
—————————
"Don't be scared." Olivia smiled and nudged me.
I stood frozen looking at the giant house. Everly tucked into my side.
"Come on." She tugged on my arm.
I stumbled over my feet, then allowed her to pull me along.
Olivia intertwined her fingers with mine, then knocked on the door, and a few moments later a beautiful older woman answered.
"Via! Oh, it's so good to see you." The woman immediately engulfed Olivia into a hug.
"Good to see you too, mom." Olivia greeted her.
Their hug ended and the woman turned to me.
"You are every bit as beautiful as we expected." She held my face.
I was taken back by her touch, but I didn't mind it. I haven't felt a mother's touch in years.
"Thank you." I said quietly.
She smiled at me a little longer, then looked to my daughter.
Everly held fistfuls of my dress as the woman lowered herself to Everly's level.
"And aren't you just the prettiest little girl in the world?" She smiled at Ev.
I smiled and slightly nudged Everly.
She told Olivia's mom, "Thank you."
The woman stood back up and invited, "Why don't y'all come in."
Olivia led the way.
Her family greeted her, then she introduced us to them.
One of Olivia's brothers told Everly that there were three other little girls playing in one of the rooms.
She looked up at me then shook her head.
"Come on, baby. It's okay. I'll go with you." I offered.
She shook her head again and attached herself back to my leg.
"Thank you." I smiled at him.
Olivia found her way back to us and told me that we would start serving soon.
Everly reached for Olivia and Olivia was about to grab Everly, but they were interrupted when the three little girls came barreling toward Olivia.
"Auntie Vi!" They all shouted at different times.
Everly shrunk back into my side.
I felt my heart tighten. She has been so excited about coming here, but now she's only filled with worry. She's typically a shy kid, but I think she's average in the sense.
Olivia caught them in her arms and hugged the three as best as she could.
Three beautiful girls. One with red hair and two with dirty blonde almost brown hair.
Everly darker hair definitely stands out against the other girls.
"Girls girls, I want you to meet a very special little girl. Her name is Everly and she's four just like you Ave. Can you all play nice with her while me and her mommy help get the food ready?" Olivia spoke sweetly to the young girls.
The little red headed girl nodded and stepped toward Everly.
"I'm Ave-wy." She smiled softly.
"I'm Everly." Ev shyly sounded.
"I have a new Barbie car we can play wif." She told Everly.
Everly looked up at me, then nodded at Avery.
She carefully followed her, looking back every few steps to make sure I was still there.
I watched as she disappeared into the hallway then turned to find Olivia again.
"Hey, beautiful." She touched my back and led me to the kitchen.
"Ev finally went to play." I smiled.
"I know. I was watching too. I want to make sure she has a good time." Olivia said.
I couldn't fight the smile that was coming. She really does love Everly.
I followed her into the kitchen and helped with whatever her mom asked me to do.
We set the dishes out on the table and Olivia's eldest brother, Samuel, went to gather all of the kids.
I watched for my Everly to walk through, growing a little nervous once I saw the little girl she went to play with appear, but relaxed once she appeared hand-in-hand with one of the other little girls. I smiled at the sight.
They asked the kids to all sit at the table with benches and the adults to sit at the main dining room table. Everly looked to me worriedly, then listened.
I smiled at her directly and she softly smiled back to me.
Olivia set her hand on my thigh as she listened to her family's prayer. When they mentioned the passing of their father, Olivia squeezed my thigh. I set my hand over hers and lightly squeezed.
They blessed the food and everyone was starting to pick up the tables, when Olivia's brother, Wesley, broke the stream of conversation.
"I'm not sure if Oli told you, but it's kind of tradition for everyone to go swimming." He spoke.
"Uh— no, she didn't mention that." I looked to her.
She grinned and said "I forgot you didn't know about that."
I didn't bring anything for either of us.
"I don't have Everly's swim stuff with us." I shook my head.
"Well, we have some extras if she can fit. She seems small, so I think we'll find something. You and Oli will just have to work on finding you something." Wesley smiled as he spoke.
They are all so beautiful.
I couldn't help myself but smile when they spoke.
"Ev can wear a three-t or four-t depending on the brands." I said.
"I'll help you find something for her." Olivia set her hand on my lower back.
I nodded and followed her to a bedroom down the hall from the kitchen.
It was a light blue room with white and silver accessories. It looked nice.
She opened one of the drawers and shuffled through the contents.
"Not very many girl options, but here's a three-t one piece." She showed me a watermelon printed swimsuit with a green ruffle around the hips on the back of the piece.
"It might work. We can try." I nodded.
"Oh and I have some options for you too." She smiled and turned me to walk out of the room.
We found a one piece swimsuit for myself then found Everly to change her into the suit Olivia had picked out for her. It fit her well enough to cover her, but still allow her to enjoy the pool.
"We might have a puddle jumper she can use if you aren't confident in her swimming." Olivia told me as she showed me to the backyard.
Everyone was in the pool already when we stepped out.
Olivia grabbed a yellow duck puddle jumper and held it up to Everly. 
Everly did so good with allowing Olivia to help her.
"She's not going to last long." I said quietly as I lathered Everly's skin in sunscreen.
"Why?" Olivia asked.
"It's almost nap time. She's going to sleep." I laughed lightly.
"I'm sure she'll have so much fun, she won't even want to nap." She dismissed my comment.
"You underestimate her will to nap." I smeared the rest of the sunscreen on my hands along her face.
She smiled lightly at me.