thirty nine

Olivia stayed with us and attended both the wake and the funeral services for Grace. It was nice to have her there to lean on, especially when Ross was leaning on me. I had given a small speech and somehow made it through with only pausing to gather myself three times.
She was very supportive of the whole situation, even though Ross isn't her favorite person.
She helped me finish up packing the last few boxes, then also moved us back to Waco. Somehow our stuff all squeezed into the car, with space to set in Everly's car seat.
We spent the night all together at our apartment and woke up to a beautiful breakfast made by Olivia.
She has been so gentle and caring the past couple of days leading up to and following Grace's funeral.
Today was the day. Today I graduate from Baylor University with a Bachelor's of Science in Cancer and Cell Biology. I graduate for Everly.
I let Everly pick out her own outfit, which happened to be in Baylor colors, green and gold. Her dress was green and her bow and sandals were gold.
I fixed her up, then focused on myself. I chose a white dress and green heels, with gold accessories and jewelry.
"Beautiful." Olivia smiled.
"Thank you." I turned to face her.
I kissed her.
"You are the most brilliant woman I've ever known." She wrapped her arms around my hips.
"Careful now, I just did my hair and makeup." I joked.
"I'm being serious. I'm proud of you." She slightly laughed.
"Thank you." I accepted.
"One last kiss before you're officially a college graduate?" She asked.
I smiled and gave in to her wishes. She's hard to resist.
"You look beautiful as well." I told her once we parted.
She was dressed in a dress and black heels. My gown would be green, hers would be black, since she has to attend the graduation as a professor. We even got Everly a tiny gold graduation gown, because she wanted to match us, and decorated a cap for her, because she insisted on taking mine constantly. Mine says "I did it for her" and Everly's says "Mommy did it for me".
I walked hand-in-hand with Everly into the venue. The hustle and bustle of the space was overwhelming, so I clung tightly to Everly.
Olivia had a different check-in area where the other professors would be and I got to take Everly with me. Being that I had no family coming to the graduation and everyone I trusted with Everly was going to be on the floor as well, they granted me permission to keep her with me.
Olivia was a row behind us, but across the aisle. Everly still found a way to communicate with her throughout the ceremony though. The two waved at each other constantly, which caused Everly to giggle, which in turn made me happier.
I got to cross the college stage with Everly and have her in my official graduate pictures with the President of the university and degree.
She held my degree for the remainder of the ceremony and participated in the tassel switch. They were very accommodating and inclusive of her in the ceremony. It made me feel so much better knowing that I picked the right place to raise Everly while also getting an education. This school did so much for me and Everly, I really can't ever repay them.
I picked Everly up and went to find Olivia.
"Congratulations." She smiled at me.
I respected her role as a professional in a work setting and refrained from hugging or kissing her.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"I am so proud of you." She told me.
I blushed and nodded.
"And you," Olivia poked at Everly, causing her to giggle, then said "You did so good and you looked so brave up there with mama."
Everly smiled widely at Olivia, then reached towards her to initiate a hug. I allowed Olivia to take Everly into her arms to avoid being too close to her.
I smiled at the two.
"I'll wait for you two back in the car after I return my cap and gown." She smiled widely between me and Everly.
"Okay. I'm just going to find Anna and find out the game plan." I told her.
"Sounds good. Here's your little, I'll see you in a second." She said as she passed Everly back to me.
It was so hard to stay away from her, because all I wanted to do was kiss her.
I watched as she walked away and smiled at her when she looked back.
Anna decided she wanted to go to Saltgrass with the three of us and Chance.
"Mommy, I wanna go with Nana." Everly showed her puppy eyes to me.
I pouted back at her.
"Pease!" She cheesed as she begged me.
"Okay, fine. Be careful. I love you." I kissed her head.
"I love ooh." She cooed.
"Meet at Saltgrass?" I asked for confirmation.
"Yes, I just have to pick up my keys and we will be on our way. I have her." She clung tightly to my daughter.
I watched as they walked away to be sure she held on to Everly in some way and she did, which satisfied me.
I headed to Olivia's car and climbed in.
"I'm so damn proud of you." She smiled.
"Thank you." I smiled widely.
"I really am. You have overcome so much to be in this very position, even in just this past week. You're one strong ass woman, B." She laid her hand on my exposed knee.
I blushed and laid my hand over hers.
"I've waited so long to do this." I said as I leaned toward her.
"I thought I was going to crack." She smirked.
I attached my lips to hers quickly. I was desperate for her.
I deepened the kiss, but was instantly pulled away when a car alarm blared in the parking garage.
I slightly laughed at my actions, but watched as she touched her lips with her fingers.
"Where are we going?" She asked after she gathered herself.
"Saltgrass." I informed her.
"Yummy." She tried to calm herself down.
I found the situation cute, though she seemed to be embarrassed.
The ride wasn't too long, but I held her hand the entire ride. We eventually parked and got a table before Anna, Chance, and Everly showed up and Everly reattached herself to my side.
We all ate dinner and dessert, then made our ways back to the apartment, Everly riding with Olivia and I.
It was such a wonderful day. I wish I could relive this day for the rest of my life. I got to spend time with all of my favorite people and graduate college.
I no longer am a slave to the school books, now I will be a slave to the science and research books.
We ended the day on the couch, watching yet another kids movie, though this time it was a classic, My Girl.
I held Olivia's hand and cuddled close to her to watch the movie.
This is where I eventually fell asleep.