forty

This morning, I woke up with sickening grief for Grace and was unable to fully get off of the couch, so Everly cuddled and watched movies with me all day. Olivia left around nine without word about her plans or whereabouts for the day, but she seemed distant as well, so I didn't push for an answer from her. I just assumed she would attend her church services, then call me later.
I took a small nap during Spies In Disguise, then woke up to Everly calling me.
I jumped up, but was met with Olivia's face.
"Hi, sleepyhead." She smiled and leaned forward to kiss me.
"Hi." I smiled at her.
"I have a fun date planned for us and Ev. I know you haven't been feeling so great today, so I thought getting some sun could help." She rubbed my thighs with her hands as she spoke. Immediately my mood was brightened. She cares so much about me and it's showing so clearly.
"Sun? So, outside?" I asked.
"Yes, vampire, outside." She smiled.
I slightly laughed and kissed her again.
"Thank you." I told her.
"Anything for you." She kissed me once more.
I bit my lip and accepted her words. I too would do anything for her.
She helped me find a good enough outfit for the mystery date, while Everly got herself dressed completed with her rain boots.
She blindfolded me and drove us all to the location.
Growing nervous, I struggled to not take the blindfold off of my face.
It wasn't until she helped me out of the car that she took the cloth from my eyes, resting her hands and head on my shoulders. She revealed the park to be our date location.
"I figured since Everly could play, that it would be good." She took her hands from my body.
"You're perfect." I turned and smiled at her.
"Just wait, it gets better." She smiled widely.
She's stunning. Every time she smiles like that, I am frozen. I can't look away from her when she smiles like that. It is unlike any other view in the world.
Everly climbed out and grabbed my hand.
"I play, mama." She looked up at me.
"Okay, let's go." I nodded down at her.
"Go ahead, I'll catch up. I have to get a few things." Olivia told me.
"Are you sure? I can help." I offered.
"Go play with her, because I'm going to steal you back in a second." She smirked at me.
"Okay." I gave in and let Everly lead me to the playground.
I ran around the playground and played on the equipment with Everly, often looking back to check on Olivia who was still at the car.
Eventually, she walked towards us, arms full of things, then stopped in the grass outside of the playground boarders.
She set out a blanket and a cooler, also a bouquet of flowers.
The sight of the flowers made me stop playing with Everly. My heart swelled. She makes me feel so special.
I turned around to find Everly again and spotted her with another little girl. Content with her situation, I headed to Olivia.
"All this for me?" I asked.
"Yes, well and Everly." She grabbed my hand.
"I love you." I smiled.
"I love you." She shined her showstopping smile.
As a small family-like group, we ate lunch and played together. It was really nice to get my mind off of everything bad that has happened recently and focus on all the good I have. I was able to fully enjoy my time with Olivia and Everly without any other thoughts.
I went to sit on the blanket and without hesitation, Olivia came over to me.
"I'm fine. You can go back." I told her before she reached me.
She lightly shook her head and sat next to me.
She was acting funny.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Nervous." She said quietly.
"Nervous? For what?" I questioned her.
I watched as she took a deep breath, then turned to me.
I was scared to know what she had to say. Today has been so good. I hope it isn't anything bad. I don't think I could handle it.
"I know we're getting back into our groove and things are kind of hard right now for you, but I wanted to somehow prove to you that I'm here to stay, that I'm fully in." She said as she situated herself on her knees, setting her hands on my knees.
"You don't have to prove anything to me." I told her.
"Shush. I'm trying to do something." She squeezed my knees, which caused me to giggle.
"I'm sorry." I shook the giggle away and refocused myself.
"I love you so much it is insane and I love that kid even more, if that's even possible. I want you— I want this for the rest of my life. Beth, in the some odd months that we've been seeing each other, I have seen myself in situations I never thought I'd experience. You have changed my outlook on life and I don't think I could ever credit you enough for that. You have made me happier than I have ever been in my entire life. I'm not proposing, because I know it's still early in our relationship, but when you know, you know and I know. I know that you are meant to be by side through every single high and low life has to offer. I know that you are meant to be my rock. I know Everly is meant to be in my life. I know that I am supposed to love her more than I love anything else. This I know. What I don't know is what the future holds, but with you, I am willing to go blindly into that unknown." She said to me.
Midway through her speaking, I got teary eyed and started crying. She really does love me and Everly. The fact that she's including Everly in this made me cry harder.
"I already asked Everly if I could love her forever and she said yes, but I don't want to ask you, I want to tell you. I want to promise you that I will love you forever and more." She started tearing up.
I slightly laughed at the tear fest starting.
I wiped her cheeks after her tears fell.
She leaned forward and kissed me, then leaned back and pulled out a black box.
I remained quiet, though I was curious as to what the box held.
She opened it and smiled at me.
"A ring?" I asked.
"A promise ring." She nodded.
I smiled, letting more tears fall down my cheeks to clear my eyesight.
"Forever and more." She took the ring from the box and slid it on my left ring finger. The perfect fit.
"Forever and more." I repeated to her.
I grabbed her face and kissed her.
Everything was falling into place. Everything would be okay.
I smiled at Olivia and brought her to me in a tight hug. I savored her scent, her touch, everything.
This is my future right in front of me.
Her and Everly.
My forever.
My forever and more.