thirteen

"Do you want to crash here, so you don't have to wake up Everly?" Beth whispered.
I, growing sleepy myself, nodded and cuddled further into her.
She laughed and tightened her arms around me.
We were cuddled up in bed with Everly in one side of her and me on the other. Her hand lightly ran across the skin of my arm, pushing me closer to sleep.
The ending music of Finding Dory played and I woke up again.
"Shh." Olivia sounded.
I wrapped an arm around her waist and laid against her.
"I really liked tonight." She whispered.
I hummed in agreement.
She softly let out a little laugh and kissed the top of my head while settling into the bed.
                        _________________
I woke up in the exact position we had fallen asleep in. I looked up and took note of her peaceful state.
Everly popped her head up and smiled at me.
"Hey, sleepy girl." I smiled.
"Mama, Via sleep still." She spoke.
"Shh, baby. Let her sleep." I whispered.
"Potty." She said.
I nodded and slipped out of bed. I scooped Everly up and took her to the restroom where we both used the toilet and washed/rinsed our faces. I don't let Everly use anything on her face, but I borrowed some of Olivia's face wash for myself.
We stepped out of the bathroom and I quietly closed the door behind us.
"Hey, Evie." I heard Olivia speak.
I thought I'd hate the nickname 'Evie' for my Everly, but coming from those lips, it sounded perfect.
"Via!" Everly exclaimed and climbed back into the bed.
I smiled and padded over to the bed.
"Goodmorning." She smiled at me and sat up.
Everly hugged her neck and she smiled at me.
I heard a sound that sounded like a stomach growling in hunger.
"Hungry?" I laughed tapping Everly's side.
"I'm sorry. I didn't eat much last night." Olivia spoke.
Her taking blame for the sound over my kid caused me to laugh hard.
"I didn't have much to eat last night and y'all can sleep! I've been in and out since seven, but it's nearly ten and y'all are just getting up." She defended herself.
I laughed harder.
It's true. Everly is the best kid I could ask for. She sleeps late, she loves all the same foods, she is sweet, and most importantly she keeps me sane.
I shrugged and pulled Everly off of her, then said "What can I say? It's our thing. Well, not always, but on the weekends. We love sleeping." I smiled.
"Well I don't have classes today until five thirty, so what do you have in mind?" She asked.
"I actually have class at one." I showed my teeth, scrunching my eyebrows.
"Aw no. Well, you could come back tonight or something." She suggested.
I smiled at her, watching her eyes.
She actually wants to see more of us. Maybe she does actually like me.
Everly got up and ran out of the room. I turned my head to watch her exit and within a few seconds, I heard the T.V. turn on. I smiled at Olivia and crawled back on to the bed.
I walked on my knees over to her, grabbed her face, and kissed her lips.
She lightly held my waist and reciprocated the kiss.
"Goodmorning." She smiled against my lips.
I kissed her once more, then climbed off of her in fear that Everly would walk in.
"Let's get breakfast." She said as she scooted off the bed.
I nodded and followed her, but she walked to the bathroom.
I walked out to the living room to see Everly with the worst case of bed head she's ever had, focused on the television show. Her favorite show, PJ Masks, played on the screen.
I felt hands on my hips and a light kiss on my shoulder. I watched Olivia pass me and head to the kitchen.
I walked over to Everly and planted a strong kiss on the top of her forehead.
Her arms stretched up to me and I smiled softly. I hugged her and went to stand, but she didn't let go. I grabbed her, lifted her with me. I followed into Olivia's kitchen and saw her digging in the fridge.
"What are we feeling?" She asked. She must have heard me coming.
"Pancakes." Everly chimed quietly.
"Pancakes?" Olivia dramatized her question, stepping over to tickle Everly in my arms. Everly threw herself around to avoid Olivia's tickles.
"Pease!" Everly cried out.
"Oh, well— in that case, pancakes are on the menu." Olivia stopped.
I caught myself smiling at the two.
I watched Olivia with adoring eyes.
"Pancakes— and sausage?" She asked me.
"Sounds great." I nodded.
"I help Via, go mama." Everly pushed herself down, telling me to set her on the floor. She then proceeded to push on my legs.
"Wha—" I was shocked. She's never pushed me away.
"Me and Via only." She told me.
I dropped my mouth in complete shock.
Olivia shrugged and smiled.
"You better be careful with your fingers. Do not touch knives!" I told Everly.
She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.
She is something else!
"Who's kid are you?" I asked as I walked out.
I felt arms wrapped around my leg and I looked down to see Everly tightly hugging my leg with her small arms.
I smiled and smoothed her hair out, then whispered "I love you."
"Love you, mama." She said quickly, kissed my leg, and took off back to the kitchen.
I walked out back to the couch. I flipped through the channels, deciding to try my luck with Netflix.
My default, Gilmore Girls was first to pop up on the popular section of the selections.
I clicked on it and started episode 1.
I heard giggles from the kitchen.
Near the end of my episode, my eyes were covered and Olivia's whisper filled my ear "Everly requested you to keep your eyes closed."
I smiled, then stood. Her hands left me and I turned to see her still in pajamas, but an apron wrapped around her front.
I walked around the couch and she stepped behind me covering my eyes again. I groaned, but let her lead me.
"Don't peek yet, mommy." Everly spoke.
"I'm not." I responded to her.
"Okay." She giggled.
Olivia removed her hands and I opened my eyes to a stack of pancakes accompanied by a bunch of little sausage links.
"Wow, y'all actually did so much!" I smiled at Everly.
She grinned and held her arms out for me.
She leaned against me, hugging my neck.
"Via let me do Mickey Mouse pancake." She told me.
"No way! So cool!" I gasped.
She nodded and stood to grab the pancake on top.
"Thank you." I smiled softly at Olivia.
"No no, thank you! She's the best sous chef around." Olivia smiled.
I smiled back at her.
Why is she so good to us? Especially to Everly. What did I do so right to deserve someone as great as her?
"Let's dig in." She motioned for us to sit.
We each took a seat. Everly next to me, Olivia on the other side.
The food was delicious and Everly ate so much of it.
"She's not really a breakfast eater, I'm surprised she's doing so good." I told Olivia.
"I was that way too." She told me.
She laid her hand over mine and we continued eating. I didn't dare move my hand, so I had to suffer with using my left hand instead.
This is easily one of my favorite mornings ever.