CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

My phone started to vibrate, it woke up me. I didn't notice when I fell asleep. Amy and I were still naked, and she was tightly woven between by arms and legs. I didn't want to move but the vibration continued, I slowly unraveled from her without waking her, I kissed her forehead. She looked so beautiful, the moonlight was shining on her face and I couldn't help but to fall in love with her all over again, I almost forgot what woke me in the first place. I picked my phone up and it was her, Bree. Why would she text me knowing what had happened? I jumped up out of bed before Amy noticed anything, I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I sat on the toilet and read the text.

"Hey, I know you might not want to hear from me, but we need to talk. Please meet me in the lobby. I'll be there in twenty minutes. I'll understand if you don't show, but I really hope you do." I thought it over for a minute; I wanted to talk with her as well. I needed to understand what happened last night I decided I would go. I slowly made my way out of the bathroom and found my suitcase. I took out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and put it on as well as some flip flops. I took my phone and one of the hotel room keys and headed to the door. I looked back just to make sure Amy was still awake, I opened the door and closed it slowly behind me. I took the stairs down to the lobby to give her enough time to get here. Eleven flights weren't bad, it was actually pretty fun. I get to the lobby, but she wasn't there yet. I sat in the sitting area where I found Cookie and Walter. I sat there just looking at the time over few seconds frantically waiting hoping Amy wouldn't wake and find that I wasn't there.

"Aless" I turned around and it was Bree, she came and sat next to me on the couch. "Hey, I'm sorry to call you out here like this I know this isn't a good time."

"It's ok, what's on your mind. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"First off, I want to apologize for earlier, I was drunk and hurt and after the other day at the party I couldn't stop thinking about you and how much I did miss you. When I fell asleep in your arms if felt like old times and I love that. I haven't ever felt that way with Jenny and I wanted that so bad. After Jenny and I had our argument at carnival I went to your room, I figured you would be there and I was right. I saw you there and I just wanted to be yours. We did have sex, I know I took advantage of you and I'm very sorry. I wasn't thinking and when your girlfriend woke me up and I noticed what I had done I wanted to take it back. I really hope you can forgive me." I could hear the remorse in her voice and I knew she meant it."

"Look Bree, I'm really not supposed to be here right now, I finally got Amy to let me in and stop pushing me away. And I want to prove it to her that I can be faithful to her. Talking to you won't help my case but I understand that we do need to talk. When I first came here I thought I knew what I wanted, when you pushed me away that was the best thing you could have done for me. I poured myself into Amy as I should have been doing ever since I met her but the thought of you and I kept me from that. She is who I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"I understand, I figured as much. I lost you. Oh, I broke up with Jenny. So, I guess I'm alone now."

"I'm sorry. I wish I could help you, but I can't, I don't want to lose her." She looked down and she seemed saddened by what I said.

"Jenny said you saw her kissing another girl and told her not to tell me, is that true?" I signed.

"Yes, I saw her kissing some blonde girl after you fell asleep. I didn't want it to make you hurt anymore."

"I told her she was lying, that you would never do that. I guess I understand why you did it."

"Listen, I love you. But now I'm learning to only love you as a friend. I honestly don't know how long we can remain friends after, as I said before I don't want to lose Amy."

"I envy the way you love her. The way you talk about her, I wish you would talk about me that way... I only came here to explain to you what happened. You can tell your girlfriend that it was all my fault and I'm truly sorry about any problems you two might have had... I think I better be going now. I just wanted to see where your heart was, and I found my answer." She smiled, and I knew it wasn't a real smiled, but one placed there to try to seem less hurt than she really was. She stood to leave, and I stood too.

"Can I have a hug? This is going to be the last time we see each other in person, besides you owe me at least that much right?" she smiled and this time it was real. I pulled her in tight and we hugged for what seemed like forever. I gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Maybe we can skype someday."

"I would love that." I stood there as she walked away, when I couldn't see her anymore I decided to head back to my room. I took my phone out to look at the time and noticed a text from Amy.

"Shit." I unlocked my phone and read the text.

"Hey baby where you are? I woke up and you were gone." The message was sent ten minutes ago. I took the elevator up and ran to the room, I put the key in the door and turned the knob, I enter the room and the lights are on, I look over to the bed where Amy is sitting fully clothed. In a calm voice she said to me.

"Where were you?" It seemed like she might have been crying

"I was downstairs, in the lobby. I just saw your message, or I would have replied when you sent it." I took my flip flops off and went over and sat next to her on the bed.

"What were you doing in the lobby?" She still hadn't looked at me yet and I knew she was upset. I knew after all we had been through today I couldn't lie to her anymore.

"I was... talking with Bree, the girl who"

"I know who she is Alessandra, why were you with her? She finally looked up at me and I could tell now that she wasn't just upset, she was mad.

"She texted me about an hour ago and said she needed to talk to me, I wanted to find out what really happened when you saw her in my bed. Like I told you I was drunk and fell asleep, I don't know what happened."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, she told me that we did have sex and that it was all on her. She also wanted to know if I wanted to be with her, but I told her that all I wanted was you and I wanted us to work. I'm sorry, I should have woken you up and had you come with me."

"I trust that you won't do anything that would put our relationship at risk again. Its ok, I'm not mad. But next time let me know where you're going if you're going to leave in the middle of the night."

"I will, I'm sorry if I scared you."

"Let's get some sleep, we have to wake up tomorrow. We do head back home, back to reality."

"Yes, ma'am." She smiled, I took my sweat bottoms off and we headed to bed. Amy's had her back facing me, so I wrapped her in my arms and pulled her closer to me. I kissed the back of her neck and she squirmed, Amy was very ticklish, and I was not ticklish at all. I loved to use that against her.

"Baby stop it!" she said laughing "I'm trying to go to sleep here"

"Ok, ok. For now, my lady. For now." We laid under the covers as I spooned my body around hers. I put my hand in her panties, she opened her legs and let me in." Whenever I held her I would always sleep with my hand between her legs- unless she was on her period of course. It led to many in the middle of the night sex sessions. Not tonight though. We had to get as much sleep as we could.