CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Since I was off, and Amy still had to work it wasn't much fun, never the less I was still going to have a great time off. Working at a hospital could be really stressful when it wanted to be and at other times it was quite fun. The people that I worked with were all amazing and we had a pretty cool boss, so things got done without complain. I figured I would get back into my TV show and movie marathons while I lay in bed and became a potato these last days. I would start by watching The Walking Dead from season one to the current season, while alternating with The Big Bang Theory so I wouldn't get bored. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it through all the episodes in two days, but I could get pretty close. Amy had morning shift today and tomorrow, so she left pretty early, I got up about an hour after she left and made myself some breakfast. Pancakes, eggs and turkey bacon with a side of strawberries and my traveling mug of tea. I hopped back into bed and switched the TV on. This was going to be a great day. I finished my breakfast, ran the dishes to the sink and jumped back into bed; I wiggled myself back under the blanket and was lost to the work. About three hours into becoming a zombie myself, my phone rang. I guess mu day wasn't going to be spent sitting in bed.