CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

We sat down at a café not too far from the hotel and had breakfast, we enjoyed our last minutes in Spain together. Even though the beginning was a little rocky I was happy I was sharing this moment with her and I could tell she had similar feelings. Breakfast was great, we called a cab that was there in ten minutes and we were heading out to the airport. I wasn't excited to be heading back to work and leave all this but, it was what I had to do, besides Amy had to work the next day so we definitely had to go back. I still had two more days of vacation time that I was planning on using it to lounge around the house doing absolutely nothing. Even though I knew Amy wouldn't let that happen I would still try to attempt it.

The taxi ride didn't seem too long, guess since I've been getting pulled all over Spain in one I kind of gotten used to it. I looked over at Amy and she was fast asleep. I laughed. Amy was the type of person that could take a nap anywhere and could fall asleep within minutes, I was the total opposite. It took me a good while to get comfortable enough to then stop thinking so much so my brain could relax. For that reason, when I had work I would be in bed by 9:00pm the latest, if not I wouldn't be happy in the morning. We got to the airport, made it through the gates and were not waiting on our flight to board. I decided it was a good enough time to contact Elizabeth and her family. I started to Facetime her when Amy looked over at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, just calling Elizabeth so that I can Facetime with her and her family before we leave."

"That seems pretty weird, you hardly even know those people."

"Yea, I know but they were really sweet to me and I promised her mom I would say bye."

"Are you sure you don't like her? Elizabeth."

"Amy, I've told you. We're just friend and that's it. Her and her family were really nice to me when I didn't have anyone else here. I know I did things to make you questions my faithfulness to you, but I promise you, Elizabeth nor any other girl is going to come between us again. She is just a friend, she needed me as much as I needed her." I sighed and locked my phone. "If you don't want me to talk to her again I won't, I just want to make you happy." I put my phone back into my pocket, I knew Elizabeth would be sad if I didn't call but I couldn't risk it with Amy. She didn't say anything, I got and went over to the window to look at the planes taking off. Because of what happened with Bree I knew it would be awhile before Amy would trust me again, this was going to suck.

Sometime had past while I was standing here looking at the planes and I didn't even notice, I was completely zoned out. Amy came over to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Hey" She said, I turned to looked at her and faked a smiled.

"Everything ok?" I said, trying to hide the sadness I was feeling of knowing I just lost a friend.

"Yea, everything is good. We have a few more minutes left before boarding if you want to use the bathroom." She had a softness in her voice.

"Yea" I said as I nodded still with the smile on my face, I walked off towards the bathroom. I quickly did my business and headed back to Amy. As I got closer and closer to her I noticed she was Facetiming someone. Wait, it was on my phone. How did she get my phone? I started to feel my pockets and it indeed was my phone. I sat down next to her confused and she smiled at me and handed me my phone. She was Facetiming Elizabeth and her family. When I noticed this a big smile grew on my face, I looked over at Amy still confused but I gave her a kiss. "I love you so much."

"Talk to them." She said pointing to the screen.

"Hi, everyone! It's nice to see you all again."

"Hello, Alessandra. I'm happy your girlfriend called, I would have loved to meet her in person though. You two look lovely together." Said Ms. Rosa. Amy and I blushed as we looked at each other.

"Thank you, Ms. Rosa."

"Aless, you have to come back and see us again. And bring Amy with you." Said Joe.

"Oh, definitely Joe, thank you for the invite."

"Aless and Amy, make sure you call me sometime. Don't go back to California and forget us." Shouted Elizabeth. I looked over at Amy for the right answer to respond, then she replied for me.

"Of course, we're going to have to call of video chat at least once a week, no exceptions." We went on talking for a few more minutes. We hear a lady over the loudspeaker call for our flight to board and we started to scramble to get our things.

"Ok guys, they are boarding us now, so we have to go, but we will be calling to check in on you guys every now and again and see how the boys are growing. Haha."

"Sounds good!" said Ms. Rosa

"Thank you so much for everything! Bye!"

"BYE" Everyone said at once. I ended the call and we headed over to the gate.

We got to the line and stood there until our group was called, we placed the bas on the floor. I looked over at Amy then pulled her in for a hug.

"Thank you! You are the best"

"I'm sorry, I know that it's going to take a while, but I have to learn to trust that you are telling me the truth, or we will never get back to where we were. I love you, and I want you to be happy too." She signed "Not just for me to be happy, I don't want you to look back on life later on and regret choosing to be with me over being with her." I took her face into my hands and stroked her cheeks with my thumbs.

"Muneca that will never happen, I know how much you love me and I love you just the same if not more. You're my everything, and I want to prove that to you. I want to always be with you, and only you." She looked down trying not to make eye contact with me.

"Yea, you say that now, but what if one day you decided that you've had enough of me bitching and complaining at you, or you don't think I'm pretty anymore, or you find someone else that makes you happier than I can. What's to say you won't leave me then?"

"I can't promise you what will happen in the future, if we will fight or hurt each other, but I can promise you that I will always be by your side. As long as we are honest with each other and you love me as much as I love you, I will never leave you." I then realized that my cheating did a lot more damage to her that I originally thought. I would never let myself forget this." A tear drop fell from her eye and she tried to pull away before I could see it, but I already had. I held her tighter than I ever had and didn't let go. I didn't care that people were staring at us. It was now our time to board, I picked her chin up and looked into her eyes. "You are so beautiful, and you're mine." I kissed her lips, then her forehead. "Are you ready to go?" She smiled then nodded. I picked up our bags and gestured her to the lady taking our tickets.

We made it on the pane and took our seats, I made her sit by the window since it was her favorite seat when we flew. Within minutes of the aircraft taking off she was asleep, I sat there and gazed at how beautiful she looked until I unknowingly fell asleep.