Ch 2 Die with Me

The instant the implant was placed in the right order, tiny tentacles grew from the side and embedded themselves in his skin. The sensation was like Continuous bee stings to the same spot. Lan Long screamed and tried to forcefully remove the implant.

In the other part of the city, the crook was being chased by a dozen peace keeper and drones. Despite the crook being faster than the cops, he was being cutoff at almost every intersection.

"Fuck, If I ever meet that fat bastard again." The crook roared out loud as he found a sewage tunnel and entered it.

Lan Long was still rolling around in his apartment due to the pain. The implant kept burrowing into his skin. The pain almost caused him to blackout but as soon as he was about to lose consciousness there would be a spark of electricity keeping him conscious. After about 15 minutes of nightmarish pain the implant stopped. The pained slowly subdued and Lan Long finally breathed out a sigh. The constant screaming had left his throat parched. He couldn't even find enough strength to curse out loud.

After about an hour of peace, Lan Long finally got up and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. After drinking his fill, Lan Long walked like a zombie towards his room. He was tired and was still shivering from the painful memory. He finally laid on his bed and closed his eyes.

On the other part of the city, the crook had finally lost the cops. He had found a safe corner in the tunnels and sat down with his back to the wall. He reached for his device and pulled up picture of his girl and his friends smiling slightly. Memories came rushing back, there were sad one, there were cheerful ones, but even in those terrible ones he had always been with his friends.

The latest client had screwed them over, they were informed that the research was to control the human minds and they had formed a team to rebel against such blatant attack on humanity. Their leader thought that they were up to betterment of the society. They had been played like fools their entire life. Their goal was a sham. They were betrayed and left for dead. He was the sole survivor of the gang. He had placed his bet on black-marketing the tech he got. He thought he could flee and strive for revenge.

Then he had met that fat fuck who had fucked him over. At least he had solace about the fact that he was about to die as well. Probably, reunite with his gang in hell and wreck the shit out of it. He laughed drily.

The implant went dormant for a while as Lan Long slept but about two hours into sleep two tentacles stared to reach for the electricity outlet. They were like two worms slowly crawling toward the food. In about another hour, the tentacles had finally reached the outlet had attached themselves to it. The implant started to make a slight hissing sound as it forced Lan Long body to near the outlet. As pain, had rendered Lan Long numb, he couldn't feel the hair sized tentacle borrowing through hi skin.

"The fuck" Lan Long shouted as he tried to get off the bed only to find out he was now in capable of movement. He could feel all his clothes on his body even the buzzing of the implant but he simply couldn't move. Everything below his neck was now incapable of movement. Tears rolled down Lan Long's face as was feeling all the regret in the world. He thought that he was going to starve to death, crying even harder.

"Oh please. Let me live." Lan Long cried and tried to struggle even hard, only to realize that it was all useless. Inside his body, the tentacles had now drilled into his skull and slowly spread throughout his brain and were now trying to drill out of his glabella. The pain began anew and induced another round of horrifying screams from Lan Long.

The crook on other hand was awake now and was holding a trigger under his thumb. He was relaxed and looked carefree but in eyes was a psychotic look. Their team always had a bomb ready in case the ever needed a quick distraction or utter destruction. The bomb was a Augmented charge bomb, it could be charge to the required output necessary and at its maximum it was equal to 500 megaton of TNT. The crook let out a scream and held down the trigger. It took 15 minutes to charge it completely and when fully charged it could not be stopped or disarmed.