Ch 28 Heaven's favored

Lan Long was on his bed, sitting in the lotus position, immersed in the analysis of Ki. It had been months but his tribulation was still nowhere to be seen. There was supposed to a huge tribulation that was supposed to accompany the breakthrough to the Mortal pellet realm. The strength of the tribulation also varied from cultivator to cultivator.

"Why don't you want to stay? Why do you always dissipate?" Lan Long asked to no one in particular. The small wisp of Ki in his hand was flickering but every time it was on the verge of dissipating Lan Long would supply it with more Ki and stabilize it. "May be, I am going about it the wrong way."

Lan Long immediately called back his controlling soul and simply wished that this small wisp of Ki to not dissipate. Although, the wisp dissipated, it was able to hold far longer than before. "heh, so it's not about controlling through sheer soul strength." The Ki, regardless of its attribute was far too complex and mysterious. Lan Long had initial was able to brute force his way into all the cultivation stages. His soul was strong enough to control the Ki regardless but this was not the true way. Any cultivator would need to acclimate his heart and mind, conscious and subconscious, to the Ki they nurtured within themselves and the nature. The tribulation occurred when there was a clash between the natural Ki and the Ki within the cultivator's body. Tribulation was meant to bring these two closer and bridge the gap between the two. This was the reason why he stronger cultivator faced stronger tribulation. The more the cultivator progressed, the larger the difference between their Ki and the naturally occurring Ki. The understanding of the dao and the elements also helped to bridge this gap.

Lan Long, immediately began to experiment along this new route of Ki cultivation. The more he understood this new method, the more his soul relaxed. Up until this point, his soul was constantly holding is Ki in place and moving it according to the requirements. Although, this was still easy for Lan Long to accomplish, the relaxation of his soul brought the similar feeling of floating in the same dark abyss. Lan Long thoroughly enjoyed this feeling of freedom and the same wisp in his hand was now almost completely stable despite no effort from Lan Long.

Ki began to gather around his body and completely cocooned him. Soon, the entire village was blanketed with far more Ki that ever before. Many cultivators immediately began to cultivate, trying to get the maximum out of the strange occurrence. Soon, the Ki began to coalesce into a single point in front of Lan Long's dantian. The entire sky outside was filled with many different colored auroras completely made of unimaginable amounts of Ki. The Ki was now compressed into a small pea sized pellet. The pellet began as a milky white colored pellet but as the time went on the pellet became translucent. Although, a transformation occurred within the pellet, it was still consuming the same amount of Ki as before. This too changed when the pellet sharply increased it Ki intake and began to spin rapidly.

After an hour, the pellet was back to its translucent self with milky haze floating within. Soon, the pellet was absorbed into Lan Long's dantian. As soon as it entered his body, the pellet immediately began to absorb all his Ki, soon all the Ki was drained from his body and the Pellet sent out a few strands of Ki to widen his meridian and remake his body. Lan Long on the other hand was still immersed in his sea of insights, completely oblivious to the change within his own body. His cells were being broken down and remade at a rapid pace all while the pellet constantly sent calming aura over to his soul. His body was remade, stronger and purer than before. A faint scent emanated from his body, resembling that of a fresh spring. His presence was further diminished, his aura almost perfectly matching that of the nature. Soon, the breakthrough was over but the lingering Ki in the atmosphere remained. Lan Long too was enjoying this Ki rich environment.