Ch 11 Tense Situation

Lan Long and the girls woke up with the sun and met outside the house. After a quick hello, they all soon headed for the village. The young man that had escorted them was ecstatic, apparently, a mighty cultivator was about to give sermon on cultivation and all the villagers were invited. This was a great opportunity w the villagers to get introduced to the world of cultivation. All the youngsters and children were gathered at the village chief's house. A platform was created especially for the cultivator stand on.

"Brother, who is about to preach?" Lan Long asked a young man. Lan Long had no idea who was about to preach to such a crowd.

"He is a cultivator from Salamander city, he had apparently originated from this village 200 years ago," the young man introduced enthusiastically. Lan Long, was who was originally uninterested was also affixed to the spot on the ground. This may also be a major power of the salamander city, Lan Long slightly raised his expectation. The old lady's cultivation surprising and this so called mighty cultivator may also be a pleasant surprise. After all, not every mind less murderer would make such an elaborate ruse just to fool a couple of village hicks.

"Fellow villager and guest's, I humbly welcome to the lecture by Senior. He was also once a villager like us, but he blazed through the mortal world and finally rose amongst the ranks of absolute legends." The village chief introduced the Senior. Soon an old man came out of the dwelling of the village chief. He had a long white beard and walked using a stick. He had a smile on his face as he looked at the younger generation of his village. Lan Long, on the other hand was disappointed to the extreme. The old man was at the peak of Ki condensing, and going by his age he would not have another breakthrough in his life time. Lan Long, however stuck around none the less, he was expecting to get at least some information about Salamander City.

"Have you ever seen a mountain so tall, you couldn't even see its peak. Did you ever wonder about the strength of the lightning? The heat of the fire that could not be extinguished. The immensity of sky and the heavens beyond them." The Old man stopped as he looked up to the sky. The crowd was instantly drawn into the lecture, the younger generation's eyes were now burning with passion and desire. "All those wonders are experienced by strong cultivators on a daily basis. The cultivators would look at an indominable peak and immediately build their castle on it. They would see the ever-burning flame and immediately acquire it. They would challenge the lightning as it tore through the sky. The lives of cultivator are as exciting as they are dangerous."

"Cultivation however, is a very tiring and time consuming task. There would be constant battle over cultivation resources and treasures. Even during calm Ki cultivation, the cultivator may suffer a Ki deviation. The silver lining would only be the result of success, if you successfully cultivate Ki, your strength will rise. If you are successful in battle, your riches would increase and so would your speed of cultivation. After a period on endless trials and battle, all those years of cultivation, they may just reward you with enough power to rise to the level of major powers, each one of those capable of flying and flipping a tall mountain with a single hand." The old man took another pause, he then looked at his audience. He was satisfied that no youngster was dissuaded. He continued.

"The strength of a cultivator is often a very vague subject. A genius of the generation would usually have the strength to fight a few levels ahead of him while an ordinary cultivator may be hard pressed to even fight his peers. However, the general strengths of cultivators are as follows."

"An early Ki gathering cultivator would usually have strength of about 500 kilos. While the mid-level expert of this realm would have strength of about a 1000 kilos. Followed by 2000 at the late stage and 4000 kilos at peak of Ki gathering realm. These numbers are only applicable to body cultivators only. The Ki cultivator would have a strength of about four fifth of the said numbers. At this realm of cultivation, as the name would imply, cultivator would have to gather Ki in his surrounding and refine it into his own"