Ch 22 Splitting the mountain

The group was settled into a routine, where Lan Long would not move a bit, Jiang Long would occasionally get to do an attack with his saber and Huang Ren would accompany Su Ming just before the sun set. They would take Little Kong and Little Qing with them. Soon, the fifth day at the camp arrived. Everyone was well set into their routines but that ended as Lan Long walked out of his tent. His Ki was now completely refined into the heavy Ki and he had now broken through the Late Ki sea realm. This breakthrough brought about a severe change in Lan Long's aura, the atmosphere around him was different. As such if anyone from before would not be able to recognize him based on his aura alone.

"Guys, we are leaving." Lan Long said as he placed his tent and sheets inside his ring. He was no longer constrained to Ki gathering realm, hence, he immediately decided to head into the mountains.

"Have you broken through?" Jiang Long said as he came out of his tent. He had a feeling that Lan Long would only leave his seclusion after attaining another level of strength, but never expected it to be this soon. He sighed as he saw Lan Long nodding and kept quiet. No one would be able to keep up with such a monster. Comparing to him would only incur a depression.

"Brother Lazy, do you have any plan?" Su Ming questioned as she left.

"No, but the general idea is to get some experience the wilderness. So, the deeper we go, the better for us." Lan Long said as he looked at the clouds shrouding the mountain peak in mystery.

"Father, said the beyond a million Kilometers, only mortal pellet cultivators could survive and even those that are considered a genius would find it near lethal to venture any further." Huang Ren said as he looked at Lan Long. Even though, Huang Ren was thick headed, he was always heeding his father's commands and warnings.

"No need to worry. I will take care of anything exceeding peak Ki gathering realm. So, you guys only need to worry about everything below that realm." Lan Long said as he started to walk. This time he had chosen not to rely on Little Kong as a mode of transport. Little Kong's huge body would invite unwanted attention and it was also quite good to get used to the terrain before being plunged into the battle. Soon, they had travelled a thousand kilometers into the mountain range. Although, the place was called the beast mountains, the beast mostly resided within the huge valleys present between these mountains. The valleys contained lush forest and swamps for the creature that survived in tropical climates while the mountain peaks were desolate and cold, perfect for creatures of that climate. These mountains contained various biomes that were perfect for almost any creature to thrive which was why these mountains were called beast mountains. Within the core of these mountain resided many beast and some of them were at the celestial level. The cultivator had waged many wars to purge these beasts to occupy the mountain range but failed. Soon, the beasts and cultivators came to an understanding that, the outer reaches of the mountains would become accessible to all while the inner reaches would be limited to the beasts. If any cultivator was found wandering the inner reaches, he would be killed without question and the beasts had also agreed not to attack humans in outer reaches of the mountains. After all, battles were the best way to increase in strength. In order to strengthen their offspring, the powerful beast would often choose to give birth in the outer reaches where battles were more common than grass. The surviving beast would then be brought to the inner reaches to cultivate further under the guidance of other stronger beasts.

"Wait, there is a beast ahead and it seems to be a peak Ki sea realm fire monkey. Brother Huang, didn't you say that, the stronger beast would be residing closer to a million-kilometer mark?" Lan Long asked in a low voice. He hadn't expected to find a decent beast this soon.